90 mins | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

90 mins

Apr 9, 2011
Yet again another match we could/should have had wrapped up by half time. First half we were great but ended up like headless chickens. Crewe a very street wise team who will probably be thereabouts come seasons end whenever that might be!

Mar 14, 2009
Maybe you guys are right about strength in depth. Not arguing with that.

However, that isn’t going to happen this season as we are stuck with the majority of players we have. So to me, you have to tactically adapt until then.

If we can survive maybe a stronger squad next year will help immensely.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Metal_Green_Mickey":1omsdc5o said:
Daz":1omsdc5o said:
I’ve got no problem with your argument, you just make it sound really easy and like Ryan Lowe doesn’t see the issue.

I’m sure he does.

Again, l know what your saying but if he sees it and we see this for months on end and it’s costs the team points and has resulted in heavy defeats why would you not do something about it after it happening for months on end? That’s my argument really.
My wife called him a one trick pony. :)

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
PAFC is for life":mb1ammxn said:
Why does he constantly bring Nouble on for Hardie and Telford for Jephcott.
Neither of them do anything to change the game.
Nouble is a total waste of space

Got to say Nouble is outstanding at wasting time when required.

He needs to be that strong when on the edge of the area.

Jul 12, 2016
Daz":10lxy0ss said:
I’ve got no problem with your argument, you just make it sound really easy and like Ryan Lowe doesn’t see the issue.

I’m sure he does.
So why doesn't Lowe do something about it? Week in week out we have one decent half and one garbage. RL's post match comments are now so similar to Adams when he was in denial.
He states that you cannot look at a game as being two halves but that is the way we are playing. Why can't his backroom staff see what the fans do? :banghead:

Jul 12, 2016
Metal_Green_Mickey":4h3v3rb6 said:
Daz":4h3v3rb6 said:
You don’t think he sees the pattern? :eh:

No. I mean if he did surely he would change it second half? We just plough on regardless swapping player for player in the same position. Meanwhile, opposition teams tactically change shape and gain control.

Why would you witness something where your team was losing control of the game and just carry on only to keep lose winning positions in games?
Lowe has tunnel vision when it comes to tactics and is too stubborn to change .Remind you of anybody?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
PAFC is for life":m5jnzdn8 said:
Why does he constantly bring Nouble on for Hardie and Telford for Jephcott.
Neither of them do anything to change the game.
Nouble is a total waste of space
90 minutes is the title.
What frustrates me is that poor Telford only comes on for a few of those minutes. Nouble is first sub choice but when was the last time he created a chance for himself or anyone else?
I would like to see Telford come on for longer to work with Hardie or Jephcott.
He is capable of getting in to scoring positions; Nouble is not.

Mar 14, 2009
oldage":18x05ic4 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":18x05ic4 said:
Daz":18x05ic4 said:

No. I mean if he did surely he would change it second half? We just plough on regardless swapping player for player in the same position. Meanwhile, opposition teams tactically change shape and gain control.

Why would you witness something where your team was losing control of the game and just carry on only to keep lose winning positions in games?
Lowe has tunnel vision when it comes to tactics and is too stubborn to change .Remind you of anybody?

The difference is though our mentality. We are trying to win the game, instead of going out and try not to lose.

Jul 12, 2016
Metal_Green_Mickey":1rimbeus said:
oldage":1rimbeus said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1rimbeus said:
Daz":1rimbeus said:

The difference is though our mentality. We are trying to win the game, instead of going out and try not to lose.
Not much different with the end result!

Aug 5, 2016
Tony_Flags":gfmnoiq1 said:
He needs a bench who can change the game when the opposition adjust. He doesn’t have one. End.

I disagree. We have a squad with plenty of different options and combinations. Despite this our formation and choice of substitutes remains resolute and like for like. Those are Lowe's choices rather than the bench's limitations.

George Cooper was our creative inspiration last season, this season he has barely had a look in. Hardie isn't scoring because the assists aren't coming. Nouble has played numerous seasons on the wing but Lowe has decided he is a CF now and that is that. In spite of little evidence to show that Frank is having any positive effect on the team, he gets brought on up front when the clock strikes 60 mins regardless. Telford and Abraham, can either say they have really had a chance this season? Byron Moore can offer a lot in a lot of positions, but has gone from a key versatile player last season to watching from the Mayflower. Ben Reeves had one start against Rochdale and Lowe seems to have decided that is enough of him.

I could go on. There is a lot Lowe could do differently than 3-5-2, a predictable lineup and Nouble, Telford and Opoku/Fornah to come on and continue playing 3-5-2 regardless of what the opposition are doing.

What would another manager do? A different formation. Try Nouble and/or Telford on the wings instead of up front. Maybe try Byron Moore up front, as worked many times last season, to replace Hardie/Jephcott instead of Frank Nouble. Include the creative Ben Reeves more, who may take the heat off Mayor and allow him more space. Wootton came on to play CDM against Huddersfield, why not look at half an hour of that to try and soak up some of this inevitable second half pressure.

Connor Grant at LWB was an experiment that has turned out to be a revelation. As did bringing a 19 year old back from the Conference South and giving him a look. These gambles from Lowe have worked. The point is we are doing the same thing game after game now which isn't working and continues to not work. How about trying something, anything, different?

Jul 12, 2016
Knibbsworth":2948zgf8 said:
Tony_Flags":2948zgf8 said:
He needs a bench who can change the game when the opposition adjust. He doesn’t have one. End.

I disagree. We have a squad with plenty of different options and combinations. Despite this our formation and choice of substitutes remains resolute and like for like. Those are Lowe's choices rather than the bench's limitations.

George Cooper was our creative inspiration last season, this season he has barely had a look in. Hardie isn't scoring because the assists aren't coming. Nouble has played numerous seasons on the wing but Lowe has decided he is a CF now and that is that. In spite of little evidence to show that Frank is having any positive effect on the team, he gets brought on up front when the clock strikes 60 mins regardless. Telford and Abraham, can either say they have really had a chance this season? Byron Moore can offer a lot in a lot of positions, but has gone from a key versatile player last season to watching from the Mayflower. Ben Reeves had one start against Rochdale and Lowe seems to have decided that is enough of him.

I could go on. There is a lot Lowe could do differently than 3-5-2, a predictable lineup and Nouble, Telford and Opoku/Fornah to come on and continue playing 3-5-2 regardless of what the opposition are doing.

What would another manager do? A different formation. Try Nouble and/or Telford on the wings instead of up front. Maybe try Byron Moore up front, as worked many times last season, to replace Hardie/Jephcott instead of Frank Nouble. Include the creative Ben Reeves more, who may take the heat off Mayor and allow him more space. Wootton came on to play CDM against Huddersfield, why not look at half an hour of that to try and soak up some of this inevitable second half pressure.

Connor Grant at LWB was an experiment that has turned out to be a revelation. As did bringing a 19 year old back from the Conference South and giving him a look. These gambles from Lowe have worked. The point is we are doing the same thing game after game now which isn't working and continues to not work. How about trying something, anything, different?
Abraham has left?

Aug 5, 2016
I know, but the point is Abraham wasn't tried, up front, on the wing, anywhere. Not given a chance, not looked at

Nouble will come on the next match between 60-70 mins, fail to have any impact whatsoever, refuse to jump for the ball when it is directly above his head, trot around at 25% speed like both of his calf muscles have been severed, move like he is preserving his energy when there is 10 mins of the game left and Argyle don't have a match for 7 days.

Lowe will try this substitute when we all can see it hasn't worked the previous 12 times. There are different things Argyle could do.

Abraham's loan here was a waste of time and his non-inclusion perhaps supports the idea that Lowe is a little too repetitive when there are other options staring him in the face.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I don't think it's an issue of fitness as some have suggested. If it were fitness, we'd see a more gradual decline in performance levels as the game goes on. That isn't the case. With us, it's as if a button gets pushed, we're excellent in the 44th minute and hopeless in the 46th minute, that can't be down to fitness. There's a deeper, psychological/mental block that seems to be at play, and it's why we're crying out for a leader or two.