• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brief Synopsis!!! (Bristol Rovers)

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Bristol Rich":1i44wh49 said:
Kentishgreen":1i44wh49 said:
Yes there’s no doubt Adams is a terrible manager. Just one promotion, one Wembley appearance, one near play off place and more away wins than you can shake a stick at in the last few years. It’s just not good enough.

Is anyone calling him terrible?

Are we allowed to question him at all?

Are we allowed to ask why we are in a relegation battle?

The Wembley appearance means nothing, I wish it could be erased from history.
Yes. Oldage, Up The Line and many others. Fortunately, the people who make the decisions don’t agree with them.

Feb 23, 2008
Bristol Rich":x6hjxxcs said:
Kentishgreen":x6hjxxcs said:
Yes there’s no doubt Adams is a terrible manager. Just one promotion, one Wembley appearance, one near play off place and more away wins than you can shake a stick at in the last few years. It’s just not good enough.

It's because, I suspect, most of us that have seen the majority of home games over the last four seasons have seen some indescribably bad performances then kind of been told in the press that we all know nothing and are armchair managers.

He's done great for us. No one can deny that. But yesterday was that sense of inevitability. The equaliser was coming. Everyone knew it. Sitting deeper and deeper and not making what would seem like obvious changes. And that's happened repeatedly over his reign here, coupled with some absolute tonkings at home.

I think he's a great manager and some of his results have been astounding, that doesn't mean he's above criticism.

Imagine where we could be if we didn't have a mass clear out every season, didn't take half a season to look like a team, sign players we aren't prepared to give a chance to then moan about the budget etc.

My point is he's done fine for us but there are some massive red flags in my opinion.

Aug 5, 2015
No one is above criticism and everyone makes mistakes. Even some of the posters on here. You have a right to your view and I have a right to respond to it. Sorry about that.

May 1, 2011
Kentishgreen":11cleug7 said:
No one is above criticism and everyone makes mistakes. Even some of the posters on here. You have a right to your view and I have a right to respond to it. Sorry about that.

We are all frequently wrong, me more than most.

Let's hope we stay and do better next year. The arguments on here are just a reflection of the nerves, disappointment and tension most supporters feel.

Aug 5, 2015
Apparently things can only get better, or so Tony Blair thought! But seriously let’s all hope we’re in the mix next year - the right mix that is!

Sep 6, 2006
chunkymonkey78":30ygq1vw said:
Bristol Rich":30ygq1vw said:
Kentishgreen":30ygq1vw said:

It's because, I suspect, most of us that have seen the majority of home games over the last four seasons have seen some indescribably bad performances then kind of been told in the press that we all know nothing and are armchair managers.

He's done great for us. No one can deny that. But yesterday was that sense of inevitability. The equaliser was coming. Everyone knew it. Sitting deeper and deeper and not making what would seem like obvious changes. And that's happened repeatedly over his reign here, coupled with some absolute tonkings at home.

I think he's a great manager and some of his results have been astounding, that doesn't mean he's above criticism.

Imagine where we could be if we didn't have a mass clear out every season, didn't take half a season to look like a team, sign players we aren't prepared to give a chance to then moan about the budget etc.

My point is he's done fine for us but there are some massive red flags in my opinion.

He has NOT 'done great for us'. He has taken us from League 2 play offs to League 1 relegation candidates in 4 years. Get real.

Oct 31, 2015
Kentishgreen":xv7s931r said:
Depends what your definition of great is. Better or worse than the previous 3 or 4 managers?

Personally I think Sheridan deserves credit for what he did. His problem was he is Northern through and through and never adopted the club so was only ever going to be a tennant.