Bradford v Argyle match thread | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Bradford v Argyle match thread

Sep 6, 2006
TinTin":1lyogtdh said:
PL2 3DQ":1lyogtdh said:
Songo'o is in my top 3 for player of the season. Consistent over the season playing in two positions and steadied the defence at centre-back when the first choice centre-backs struggled.

Well said, Posty !!

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Seen many games have you?

Dreamgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Have you BG ? I donā€™t remember any ā€œJust Backā€ match reports. Only one line snide remarks.

Lots of ā€œis it on I-follow ?ā€

Perhaps when you do get to a game you would appreciate the hard work Songoā€™o puts in.

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
I came away happy with a point but very disappointed by our second half performance.
From Freddyā€™s disallowed goal in the 2nd minute to Carey hitting the post in the 44th we looked most likely to score and with Edwards completely dominant at the back , very comfortable in defence.
Whereas in the first half Fox was picking up all the second balls and Sarcevic was probing, the second half was totally opposite. I was looking forward to seeing Carey kick on after scoring last week but not much came off and whilst there was lots of effort there was also lots of falling over when it was clear the ref was giving him nothing.
Equally Lameiras was repeatedly giving the ball away in our own half. I felt sorry for Ladapo who struggled manfully up front when there was no green shirt within 25 yards of him. However, my sympathy soon went with every shooting opportunity he refused to take on. If heā€™s not scoring then Taylor really is the better option to get us playing further up the field.
Also Oscar definitely looked like an upgrade on Smith-Brown at right back.
Seemed like Bradford must have had 70% possession in the second half and really should have scored four or five. Apart from Canavanā€™s block and Letheren s superb save they hit the post and missed at least one sitter.
Good numbers from GA. I sat near a family of Scousers but couldnā€™t work out whether they were there with Conor Grant or Edwards.

Jul 12, 2004
bringonthemilkman":finucll1 said:
I came away happy with a point but very disappointed by our second half performance.
From Freddyā€™s disallowed goal in the 2nd minute to Carey hitting the post in the 44th we looked most likely to score and with Edwards completely dominant at the back , very comfortable in defence.
Whereas in the first half Fox was picking up all the second balls and Sarcevic was probing, the second half was totally opposite. I was looking forward to seeing Carey kick on after scoring last week but not much came off and whilst there was lots of effort there was also lots of falling over when it was clear the ref was giving him nothing.
Equally Lameiras was repeatedly giving the ball away in our own half. I felt sorry for Ladapo who struggled manfully up front when there was no green shirt within 25 yards of him. However, my sympathy soon went with every shooting opportunity he refused to take on. If heā€™s not scoring then Taylor really is the better option to get us playing further up the field.
Seemed like Bradford must have had 70% possession in the second half and really should have scored four or five. Apart from Canavanā€™s block and Letheren s superb save they hit the post and missed at least one sitter.
Good numbers from GA. I sat near a family of Scousers but couldnā€™t work out whether they were there with Conor Grant or Edwards.

Pretty much as I saw it. Most definitely I would start with Oscar next match. Much more energy when he arrived. Smith-Brown, in recent games, has become very wary of crossing.

Interestingly, chatting to some Bradford fans on the train, they were impressed with Edwards and would definitely swap him for O'Connor. I think, playing like that, they will escape as, of course, I believe we will.

Sep 6, 2006
Dreamgreen":wuilcd15 said:
Have you BG ? I donā€™t remember any ā€œJust Backā€ match reports. Only one line snide remarks.

Lots of ā€œis it on I-follow ?ā€

Perhaps when you do get to a game you would appreciate the hard work Songoā€™o puts in.

"When I do get a game''. Been to previous 3 away games actually. You dont need to send in a match report to prove it.You?
And I do appreciate Songo'o. Was just wondering how Tintin did as he regularly tells us he is on the other side of the world enjoying the weather. He does have access to ifollow I guess.

Sep 6, 2006
Bonzo":y4wj1xkb said:
bringonthemilkman":y4wj1xkb said:

Pretty much as I saw it. Most definitely I would start with Oscar next match. Much more energy when he arrived. Smith-Brown, in recent games, has become very wary of crossing.

Interestingly, chatting to some Bradford fans on the train, they were impressed with Edwards and would definitely swap him for O'Connor. I think, playing like that, they will escape as, of course, I believe we will.

That is the pattern of previous away games. Shocking at Wycombe first half and unconvincing against 10 men v Peterborough.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Looking at it from neutral eyes I think we will get mid-table and Bradford will go down, yeah they played well against us, but it was probably a one off performance.

Aug 17, 2011
London
Just about right a point each.
Letheran, Canavan and Edwards played very well.
Lapado was completely ineffective as was Taylor (backwards header man) when he came on.