Joe Mason (14 Feb - not coming) | Page 23 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Joe Mason (14 Feb - not coming)

D

deanthegreenmachine

gaspargomez":2elj4sva said:
deanthegreenmachine":2elj4sva said:
Doesn't bother me at all, were safe and gonna finish mid table, he`s had no game time, and the squad is doing just fine, rather we saved the money to keep the quality and backbone to the side we have , and add next season..

I take it you are joking ? Only 4 points off a relegation place.

Far from being safe.

Precarious would be a better description. Lose the next game and the table will look a lot different.

Actually I wasn't joking. I think we will take points from the next 2 games, sunderland and Luton will be a different proposition, but adams has this team playing well and they wont fear anyone... its just my opinion that we will ride this out and stay up, I understand its not everyones view, but at the moment our form suggests otherwise..

Jul 12, 2016
Past caring.This is an unnecessary distraction.All this fawning over one player is ridiculous.We want players who want to play for the shirt.Argyle should not be considered a last resort.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
oldage":3p3ud0l0 said:
Past caring.This is an unnecessary distraction.All this fawning over one player is ridiculous.We want players who want to play for the shirt.Argyle should not be considered a last resort.
I think you’ve misinterpreted the delay.

It was never going to be ‘we’re offering you £x amount and take it without any negotiating at all or we will walk away and declare you not wanting to play for the shirt’.

It’s a compromise between us and them and knowing Adams he’s probably gone in pretty low to allow for movement on contract terms.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I think he is coming..

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
oldage":dpu59rbc said:
I’m still interested in the outcome but I do agree with your overall opinion. That makes a change, eh?

Oct 20, 2015
Tugboat":1rw8hwfi said:
I’ve got a good feeling about this.

Probably means he won’t sign tbh but I think he needs a club like us more than we need a player like him.

Did you vote Leave too?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
slingsby_pobble":2y4hx00h said:
Tugboat":2y4hx00h said:

Probably means he won’t sign tbh but I think he needs a club like us more than we need a player like him.

Did you vote Leave too?

Does it matter what any of us voted?

Back on topic, Wensleydale.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
deanthegreenmachine":2k3gvld3 said:
Doesn't bother me at all, were safe and gonna finish mid table, he`s had no game time, and the squad is doing just fine, rather we saved the money to keep the quality and backbone to the side we have , and add next season..
Safe? That's a really stupid and complacent thing to say.

Even if we pick up points against Bradford and Rochdale, it's possible we could then lose the next 2 games and be right back in it looking over our shoulder at the relegation places.

As for adding for next season, that is exactly what Adams is looking to do with the signing of Mason. There is a very good chance that either Carey or Lameiras will go in the summer, possibly both of them, so we will need skilful and creative players to replace them.

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
Does anybody actually know if the current version of Mason is any good?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That's a question that has to be asked without a doubt.

Something has happened to make him not a million pound plus player, that's for sure.

Oct 20, 2015
Tugboat":1epdz4l6 said:
slingsby_pobble":1epdz4l6 said:
Tugboat":1epdz4l6 said:

Did you vote Leave too?

Does it matter what any of us voted?

Back on topic, Wensleydale.

"The EU needs us more than we need them."

And other such fallacies, like Joe Mason needs us more than we need him... utter nonsense

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
IJN":2elrxodb said:
That's a question that has to be asked without a doubt.

Something has happened to make him not a million pound plus player, that's for sure.

Without a club - has to be an issue or two.

I'm sure the figures being bandied about here are woefully under the current going rate. It says he was on 650k USD. I think US sports salaries are public record.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
oldage":2d5p3okn said:

It's very few players' who aren't Plymouth Argyle fans dream to be a Plymouth Argyle player. Money, vision of the club, facilities, teammates, coaching staff etc etc are all crucial.

Even AS an Argyle fan, Mason and his agent will want convincing of all these things. And the fact that he'd even be considering a drop to about £3-4k a week means he probably wants to play for the shirt.