Wycombe Pre-Match recommendations | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Wycombe Pre-Match recommendations

May 3, 2013
Flying in from the states for the Wycombe match, any recommendations for lunch / drinks before the match? Will have a car so doesn't need to be walkable to the stadium or from the train station.

Cheers and look forward to seeing the Green Army in force! Hopefully the lads can make it 5 on the bounce!

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Recommendations for Wycombe … mmm.

Check your blood pressure before the game, at half time and at the end. You will surely lose a minimum of two years off your life due to their tactics and your own stress levels.

Check your surroundings inside the ground. Look for women and small children. You are bound to swear a lot.

Don't be in a hurry to get away a) because Wycombe normally take around 120 minutes to play football, especially if they are winning, and b) because it is difficult to get away quickly from Adams Park anyway.

Aug 2, 2011
Not much to recommend re ground, area or in particular the type of football they play. Diving, feigning injury and time wasting to the extreme has been perfected by them and seems to be endemic to the club. Shame you were not able to make HP for the Coventry game. Good footie from both sides and good set of fans travelled down here.

Feb 21, 2011
Hourglass Is from memory the only walkable pub from the ground and that’s bit of a hike, usual fare in the town. I should grab a sandwich get to the pub for the pre match atmosphere and have a nice dinner on route to wherever you’re going afterwards.

I lived in the area for 25 years and this is a no-brainer for me. The Thamesside town of Marlow over the hill is a much nicer place with a huge choice of pubs and bars. Haven't been for a while so don't know which are the football pubs but a Google search suggests The Old Brewery in the High St.Just leave plenty of time for getting to ground as it is up a long cul de sac. I usually parked in one of the business units either side of the road.

Sep 3, 2009
I've been a few times. Centrally, I think The Bootlegger is a decent choice - across the road from the train station. The Belle Vue is quite a nice neighbourhood pub. As others have said, not much around the ground but the supporters bar at Adams Park isn't bad at all....assuming they are still letting away fans in.

PutneyPete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
Alternative pubs:

The Squirrel pub
61 Squirrel Ln, High Wycombe HP12 4RZ
Nice pub, tucked away in the housing estate up the hill from the ground - NOT within easy walking distance, but a short drive to the ground.

As has been said, nearest pub to Adams Park is the Hour Glass, 144 Chapel Ln, High Wycombe HP12 4BY in Sands (about a 15 minute walk, from the end of the road up to the ground). Away fans are normally welcome.

Or the London Branch (PASALB) is meeting at the Belle Vue, 45 Gordon Road, High Wycombe HP13 6EQ

Aug 4, 2011
What happened to the white horse?!? Was it. Used to have strippers on pre game -_- and once appeared on Britain’s toughest pubs. Went there early 2000’s I think.

Nov 18, 2011
The stadium is in the middle of nowhere. If you're getting the bus from the station then I'd advise the Bootlegger across the road from the station.

Hopefully the bus won't break down this time!

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Rush Goalie":2wyxkjtj said:
I've been a few times. Centrally, I think The Bootlegger is a decent choice - across the road from the train station. The Belle Vue is quite a nice neighbourhood pub. As others have said, not much around the ground but the supporters bar at Adams Park isn't bad at all....assuming they are still letting away fans in.
A couple of years since I went but I found the Adams Park bar okay and the people were friendly.

Sep 3, 2009
football-bet-data":2euocp0y said:
What happened to the white horse?!? Was it. Used to have strippers on pre game -_- and once appeared on Britain’s toughest pubs. Went there early 2000’s I think.

Still there, as far as I know, but not been for years. Once witnessed, whilst waiting for a cab the ground, one of the dancers chase a punter down the road for not putting his pound in the pint pot. Wouldn't have been remarkable but for the fact that she still had nothing on.

Aug 4, 2011
Rush Goalie":2gv3t791 said:
football-bet-data":2gv3t791 said:

Still there, as far as I know, but not been for years. Once witnessed, whilst waiting for a cab the ground, one of the dancers chase a punter down the road for not putting his pound in the pint pot. Wouldn't have been remarkable but for the fact that she still had nothing on.
:-D

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Dreamgreen":33gicv7y said:
Recommendations for Wycombe … mmm.

Check your blood pressure before the game, at half time and at the end. You will surely lose a minimum of two years off your life due to their tactics and your own stress levels.

Check your surroundings inside the ground. Look for women and small children. You are bound to swear a lot.

Don't be in a hurry to get away a) because Wycombe normally take around 120 minutes to play football, especially if they are winning, and b) because it is difficult to get away quickly from Adams Park anyway.

Told you ! :whistle: