Anyone want Adams to stay? | Page 30 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Anyone want Adams to stay?

A

andyr1963

Bristol Rich":3sxa6awz said:
Knibbsworth":3sxa6awz said:
So if Sean Dyche's Burnley lose 5-1 away to Everton, you'd expect him to be sacked for the reasons above?

Or would you try and assess to what it extent it was one bad game that should not affect preparation for more winnable games in the run up to Christmas? Would you try to reason that one bad result against an in form team with confidence and momentum doesn't turn a good manager into a clueless idiot.

One bad result.....??

Seriously? One bad result, This is the second 5-1 defeat

The very first home league game we lost :think: Canavan was subbed at half time. That was the first time I have ever seen an Argyle center half subbed at half time.

I saw the catastrophic Oxford away game. One bad result? Have a word with yourself. Our club is is in an absolutely diabolically bad situation from the top down. Six months to do six weeks work on the ground. Cmon. It is effing obvious.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Shankster":25jq4c1m said:
Bristol Rich":25jq4c1m said:
GreenArmy1984":25jq4c1m said:
I believe we will bounce back with a Win next Saturday vs Fleetwood

Some important games coming up

In Adams WE trust

Is that what your experience of watching Adam's teams tells you?

Heā€™s on a wind up, heā€™s always on a wind up

Donā€™t bite
This! :sigh:

Aug 7, 2005
Paignton
[iframe][/iframe]
Knibbsworth":33tyt3gr said:
Adams IN for me.

As for today, it's better to lose one game 5-1 than to lose five games 1-0.

It's a stinking result, but against a decent team with imperious home form.

We were playing well prior, against Sunderland we lost but played with positivity. Scunthorpe and Wimbledon were good wins. Adams will get them playing and get the confidence back. This was a difficult fixture on paper and not one to sack a manager over.

This sums up where I am also. I was losing faith in adams but then last month was a complete turnaround. Even the Sunderland match was one that we came out of with a lot of credit.

Itā€™s never good to down 5-1 in a game but itā€™s far more important that we get back to picking up points now. Win the next two and things will be looking better again.

Adams frustrates me massively with some of his post match comments but you canā€™t disagree that some of the performances from individuals this season have been below par. Add to that perhaps a gamble on some young players which isnā€™t coming off. Say what you like our budget needs a bit of luck with cheaper alternatives to the likes of Luton who have the cash to throw at it. The Jervis transfer says all you need to know about the resources at Lutonā€™s disposal.

5-1 is embarrassing but we dished out a thumping of our own to Scunthorpe who were recent promotion contenders.

If we can return to how we were playing prior to yesterday we will be comfortable this season. If we return our earlier forms we are going down. Adams future should be decided on the performances in the coming month in my opinion. If weā€™re playing well again we stick for the season. If not we must look for alternatives.

Sep 16, 2009
Bournemouth
Tugboat":1wwuxziy said:
And just walk off at full time completely turning there backs on the poor feckers who had to witness that.

The players are led by example. .Their manager doesnā€™t like the Argyle fans. Wouldnā€™t surprise me if at half time he told them to walk off the pitch if there were boos. A good manager turns the players back to applaud their fans. Have seen it many times.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Listen if the fans want a change there is only one way to make that happen
Gates dropping substantialy unfortunately football is a results business and whilst the board should be comeneded for backing there managers no club cn sustain falling attendances
Ultimtely as customers you have a voice on the entertainment value nd unfortunately for Argyle Ā£22 for the quality of football served up is excessive at the moment

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
One game has completely and utterly changed the mood. Before this game we actually had a spell of about four games where everyone was pretty happy, three wins and a defeat against Sunderland where the team was applauded off the pitch.

Lots on here are talking as if that uplift in form never happened.

Next week v Fleetwood and Shrewsbury is crucial, because weā€™ll see whether this game was just a nightmare day at the office (like the Oxford game before that form uplift) against a team that regularly hammers visiting sides. I hope and suspect that it was.

As for the players not applauding the fans... yes itā€™s 5hit but 1) after a 5-1 tonking you want to get off the pitch as soon as possible, and 2) the players have seen in previous games that things can get pretty nasty after a defeat of that nature, from yobs and non-yobs alike.

justanotherfan

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
GreenArmy1984":3ecniush said:
Why not ?

At last a reasoned, well thought out response which gets to the crux of the matter, succinct , addressing all the relevant issues.

Keepitgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Bezza":3gzst6ay said:
Tugboat":3gzst6ay said:
And just walk off at full time completely turning there backs on the poor feckers who had to witness that.

The players are led by example. .Their manager doesnā€™t like the Argyle fans. Wouldnā€™t surprise me if at half time he told them to walk off the pitch if there were boos. A good manager turns the players back to applaud their fans. Have seen it many times.
Yes, of course he did:

http://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/photodi ... load=pic61

http://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/photodi ... load=pic62

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":21bantqp said:
Adams IN for me.

We were playing well prior, against Sunderland we lost but played with positivity. Scunthorpe and Wimbledon were good wins. Adams will get them playing and get the confidence back. This was a difficult fixture on paper and not one to sack a manager over.

Yes because we haven't lost 5 games 1.0 have we? How many games have we lost? Ridiculous comment.
Nobody is suggesting as you seem to think that a manager be sacked after ONE performance or defeat.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
edengreen":my21e06h said:
Gates dropping substantialy unfortunately football is a results business and whilst the board should be comeneded for backing there managers no club cn sustain falling attendances
Ultimtely as customers you have a voice on the entertainment value nd unfortunately for Argyle Ā£22 for the quality of football served up is excessive at the moment

Any yet the average attendance this season so far is higher than at the same stage last season and our highest since 2009 based on the first nine home games.

Oct 16, 2016
PL2 3DQ":2rpizdx1 said:
edengreen":2rpizdx1 said:

Any yet the average attendance this season so far is higher than at the same stage last season and our highest since 2009 based on the first nine home games.

Season tickets make up some That number even if you (sic) donā€™t attend? I could be wrong?

Didnā€™t argyle sell a good number is ST this season?

Aug 5, 2016
Balham_Green":1kpfqqal said:
Knibbsworth":1kpfqqal said:
Adams IN for me.

Yes because we haven't lost 5 games 1.0 have we? How many games have we lost? Ridiculous comment.
Nobody is suggesting as you seem to think that a manager be sacked after ONE performance or defeat.

Let's see if we lose the next five games. I think we have played well recently and that course of events won't happen.

Jul 12, 2016
ST holders are counted regardless of whether they attend.A lot only bought ST's this season because of the refurb to the grandstand.Be interesting to know how many of the current ST Holders intend to renew for next season?