Anyone want Adams to stay? | Page 27 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Anyone want Adams to stay?

Oct 14, 2015
r4h4al":4vsma3j6 said:
If we play poorly and lose the next game then I think Adams needs to go for us to have any chance to survive this season as we’re already being cut adrift from safety.

Maybe I'd agree with that. He won't go though, SO I guess whilst he is here we need to support him up until he is sacked. Although whilst sacking him would be right, would someone else (Wotton?) come in and save us? Probably not.

So stick with Adams then, and save the club some money on having to pay the 5 year contract.

Or of course he turns it around, which I think he will BECAUSE he is a good manager, and if he leaves us he will go and achieve enormous success somewhere else. That's my thoughts.

He has to go, today was absolutely shameful but we've been crap all season.

I agree today was shameful, but I think we've been good this season. We've been competitive in every single game which I didn't expect. It's just a few of the young players like Macey are too young and inexperienced. But he'll be gone soon anyway, and Burgoyne will come in.

You think Macey to inexperienced.. :doh: Without him today it would've been 8 or 9 and he's won MOM a few times this season. You've got to be on a wind up...

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
oldage":2xizcxv9 said:
R4h4al, I can only attend home games but you cannot be serious."Competitive in every single game" not from where I've been sitting. We are at best a mediocre side and get rolled over far too easily.The football is by and large negative rubbish because this is the style Adams prefers.The table does not lie.

I agree with that. The players haven't been performing, eg Carey. When you have the player of that quality that can make the difference. But you can't blame THAT on Adams.

And I think we have been competitive. I know we lost 5-1 to Peterborough but that wasn't because we weren't competitive that was down to a horror show from the 4 defenders.

You think Macey to inexperienced.. Without him today it would've been 8 or 9 and he's won MOM a few times this season. You've got to be on a wind up...

Yeah he can make saves but he's not vocal enough, which is important. If he's that good why aren't we higher up the table then? He doesn't organise the defence.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
r4h4al":16lx04jt said:
I think we have been competitive. I know we lost 5-1 to Peterborough but that wasn't because we weren't competitive that was down to a horror show from the 4 defenders.
You could argue that about any game ever, "we were competitive, it was just down to players x y and z making errors."!

Peterborough mauled us. So did Portsmouth. Now Luton have as well. "Competitive in every game", are you kidding me.

Aug 5, 2012
Gravesend - Kent
It's called human nature. No one is going to call for the manager's head when the team wins but it's only natural that when they put in yet another, by all accounts, spineless, embarrassing display then people are going to be a bit pi££ed off and the buck has to stop somewhere. Personally speaking I think Adams should do the decent thing and resign, at least then he saves face. But we all know that won't happen don't we.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
And just walk off at full time completely turning there backs on the poor feckers who had to witness that.

May 1, 2011
r4h4al":3oqbpagg said:
oldage":3oqbpagg said:
R4h4al, I can only attend home games but you cannot be serious."Competitive in every single game" not from where I've been sitting. We are at best a mediocre side and get rolled over far too easily.The football is by and large negative rubbish because this is the style Adams prefers.The table does not lie.

I agree with that. The players haven't been performing, eg Carey. When you have the player of that quality that can make the difference. But you can't blame THAT on Adams.

And I think we have been competitive. I know we lost 5-1 to Peterborough but that wasn't because we weren't competitive that was down to a horror show from the 4 defenders.

You think Macey to inexperienced.. Without him today it would've been 8 or 9 and he's won MOM a few times this season. You've got to be on a wind up...

Yeah he can make saves but he's not vocal enough, which is important. If he's that good why aren't we higher up the table then? He doesn't organise the defence.

We have competitive at best in a 3rd of games, too many other games have been routine defeats and you took your green glasses off you would see that.

Macey managed today to keep it to only 5, he is a good shot stopper but suspect on crosses. However no keeper could be expected to do well with the farce going on in front of him. Blaming him for us not being higher in the league is yet again more tripe.

Feb 2, 2007
Consistently poor this season. Have won a few against the dross or the mediocre on an off day. Most games are lost before they start with our poor tactics and limited squad.

Board will only consider change if things become toxic (any criticism is yobbo behaviour though) or die hards vote with their feet. Highly unlikely as most die hards are so loyal, tolerate our negative tactics and have come to accept our fate lies in L2/lower L1.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
We have competitive at best in a 3rd of games, too many other games have been routine defeats and you took your green glasses off you would see that.

I'd say 90% of the home games we've been competitive. Like I say with Peterborough being in the 10%.

Macey managed today to keep it to only 5, he is a good shot stopper but suspect on crosses. However no keeper could be expected to do well with the farce going on in front of him. Blaming him for us not being higher in the league is yet again more tripe.

No it's true the players are reflective of where we are in the league, which includes Macey. He hasn't been good enough let's be honest. How can you say that keeping it down to 5 is some sort of achievement?

Feb 2, 2007
r4h4al":b0a7zjsw said:

I'd say 90% of the home games we've been competitive. Like I say with Peterborough being in the 10%.

No it's true the players are reflective of where we are in the league, which includes Macey. He hasn't been good enough let's be honest. How can you say that keeping it down to 5 is some sort of achievement?

We have won 3 out of 18! Ok, competitive in the 3 wins, maybe Southend and out of the defeats Burton was fairly tight. None of the others would I describe us as competitive (ie you have a good chance of winning). So I would be "generous" on saying we have been competitive in 5 out of 18 league games, so around 30%. Even Wycombe we should have lost, which was the game I posted my alarm.