Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI  | Privacy Policy  
Until the end of season:

The Home Park refurbishment will be completed in It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:15 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Simon Hallett to be Chairman from 1st November
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:02 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:49 pm
Location: NEWQUAY
Stuart House wrote:
Let's not forget Felwick is in his 70's (I think?). May - just may be he's thought sod that - way to much commitment when I'm supposed to be retired.


They do not breed Chairmen with the constitutions of the late Doug 'Deadly' Ellis, these days!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Simon Hallett to be Chairman from 1st November
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:03 am 
Site Owner
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:15 pm
Location: The Janner Nation!!
Exactly what I think Stuart.

Initially he may have been caught in the euphoria of it, but after the hype died down, and he thought about it, he may have thought ‘nah - too much hassle’. Plus of course Mrs Felwick May have come into the equation.

The more I think about this, the more logical it is.

Also I think that the buck stops with the Chairman, and as majority shareholder, that’s the way it should be.

JB has done his bit, now it’s Simon’s turn.

_________________
This is the biggest lick of paint I've ever seen!! :wave:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Online
 Post subject: Re: Simon Hallett to be Chairman from 1st November
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:31 am 
Player Sponsor #1 18/19

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:31 pm
Location: plymouth
i still have reservations about this.i wish mister felwick would say "the reasons are personal but i stress there has been no rift in the boardroom".i think something is "up" at argyle.i hope i am wrong.

_________________
you never hear me complain.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Simon Hallett to be Chairman from 1st November
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:29 am 
GT Sponsor, Player Sponsor #1 18/19, Player Sponsor #2 18/19 and PALFC Sponsor #2 18/19
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:26 pm
IJN wrote:
Exactly what I think Stuart.

Initially he may have been caught in the euphoria of it, but after the hype died down, and he thought about it, he may have thought ‘nah - too much hassle’. Plus of course Mrs Felwick May have come into the equation.

The more I think about this, the more logical it is.

Also I think that the buck stops with the Chairman, and as majority shareholder, that’s the way it should be.

JB has done his bit, now it’s Simon’s turn.


In 12 months time people on this site will be clamouring for JB to return.


BIRA are you leader of the Russian spy organisation :shh:

_________________
Plymouth born Janner
I don't want a soccer club I want a football club.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Simon Hallett to be Chairman from 1st November
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:32 am 
Site Owner
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:15 pm
Location: The Janner Nation!!
'Brent In Republican Army' mate. As there is apparently a 'BORA' I thought I'd create my own breakaway group. :lol:

_________________
This is the biggest lick of paint I've ever seen!! :wave:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Online
 Post subject: Re: Simon Hallett to be Chairman from 1st November
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:33 am 
GT Sponsor, Player Sponsor 1 18/19 and Player Sponsor 2 18/19
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:17 pm
IJN wrote:
'Brent In Republican Army' mate. As there is apparently a 'BORA' I thought I'd create my own breakaway group. :lol:

:lol: :clap:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Simon Hallett to be Chairman from 1st November
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:24 pm 

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:23 pm
Location: South Sudan
So is Hallett a 'football man' and will he know when the time is right to sack Adams?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Simon Hallett to be Chairman from 1st November
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:29 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:49 pm
Location: NEWQUAY
Pilgrim wrote:
So is Hallett a 'football man' and will he know when the time is right to sack Adams?


You do not need to be a 'football man' to make difficult decisions on employed personnel. You need to ensure you are blessed with the right genital organs, together with a working knowledge of current Employment Law


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Simon Hallett to be Chairman from 1st November
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:34 pm 

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:23 pm
Location: South Sudan
Quintrell_Green wrote:
Pilgrim wrote:
So is Hallett a 'football man' and will he know when the time is right to sack Adams?


You do not need to be a 'football man' to make difficult decisions on employed personnel. You need to ensure you are blessed with the right genital organs, together with a working knowledge of current Employment Law


Well Brent wasn't a 'Football man' remember the Brent/Fletcher debacle? That was quite early in Brent's stewardship if i remember rightly? Just hope Hallett has some knowledge of football and knows when to sack Adams before it's too late.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Simon Hallett to be Chairman from 1st November
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:57 pm 
Player Sponsor #2 18/19
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:26 pm
Pilgrim wrote:
Quintrell_Green wrote:
Pilgrim wrote:
So is Hallett a 'football man' and will he know when the time is right to sack Adams?


You do not need to be a 'football man' to make difficult decisions on employed personnel. You need to ensure you are blessed with the right genital organs, together with a working knowledge of current Employment Law


Well Brent wasn't a 'Football man' remember the Brent/Fletcher debacle? That was quite early in Brent's stewardship if i remember rightly? Just hope Hallett has some knowledge of football and knows when to sack Adams before it's too late.


Its not, for me, so much about the dismissal. it's about recruitment. Football relies on networks I am not sure our Board has anybody on it with the connections to quickly bring in a manager to turn things around.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Online
 Post subject: Re: Simon Hallett to be Chairman from 1st November
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:06 pm 

Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 4:47 pm
cheshiregreen wrote:
Pilgrim wrote:
Quintrell_Green wrote:
Pilgrim wrote:
So is Hallett a 'football man' and will he know when the time is right to sack Adams?


You do not need to be a 'football man' to make difficult decisions on employed personnel. You need to ensure you are blessed with the right genital organs, together with a working knowledge of current Employment Law


Well Brent wasn't a 'Football man' remember the Brent/Fletcher debacle? That was quite early in Brent's stewardship if i remember rightly? Just hope Hallett has some knowledge of football and knows when to sack Adams before it's too late.


Its not, for me, so much about the dismissal. it's about recruitment. Football relies on networks I am not sure our Board has anybody on it with the connections to quickly bring in a manager to turn things around.


It’s statements like this that makes me amazed how little people know about Argyle. Absolutely staggering.

Are you not aware of the career of Michael Dunford?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Simon Hallett to be Chairman from 1st November
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:13 pm 
Player Sponsor #2 18/19
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:26 pm
HC Green wrote:
cheshiregreen wrote:
Pilgrim wrote:
Quintrell_Green wrote:
Pilgrim wrote:
So is Hallett a 'football man' and will he know when the time is right to sack Adams?


You do not need to be a 'football man' to make difficult decisions on employed personnel. You need to ensure you are blessed with the right genital organs, together with a working knowledge of current Employment Law


Well Brent wasn't a 'Football man' remember the Brent/Fletcher debacle? That was quite early in Brent's stewardship if i remember rightly? Just hope Hallett has some knowledge of football and knows when to sack Adams before it's too late.


Its not, for me, so much about the dismissal. it's about recruitment. Football relies on networks I am not sure our Board has anybody on it with the connections to quickly bring in a manager to turn things around.


It’s statements like this that makes me amazed how little people know about Argyle. Absolutely staggering.

Are you not aware of the career of Michael Dunford?


Yes. His last 3 jobs were Crawley, Plymouth Albion and Chesterfield.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Simon Hallett to be Chairman from 1st November
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:44 pm 

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:33 pm
Pilgrim wrote:
Quintrell_Green wrote:
Pilgrim wrote:
So is Hallett a 'football man' and will he know when the time is right to sack Adams?


You do not need to be a 'football man' to make difficult decisions on employed personnel. You need to ensure you are blessed with the right genital organs, together with a working knowledge of current Employment Law


Well Brent wasn't a 'Football man' remember the Brent/Fletcher debacle? That was quite early in Brent's stewardship if i remember rightly? Just hope Hallett has some knowledge of football and knows when to sack Adams before it's too late.


Nothing will happen until November.. might be an interesting month if we’re still bottom.

Much as I’d like DA to go there’s no point if there’s no one better to bring in as a replacement.. an open advert might not bring the right candidates.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: abandonedhope, andywat147, Baldywills, Bonzo, BoscombeGreen, Branksome Green, Brigga, bringonthemilkman, bristolmac, BudeGreen73, castlegreen, Chaddy, Chobham Green, choggy29, Copenhagen, David_Fisher, davie nine, Daz, derbygreen, dick.argyle, Doc, Dorset Pilgrim, Doumbe Dance Band, ealinggreen, earl grey, Ed, Emeraldinho, Flagman, Frank_Butcher, garsij1, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Graham Evans, greencard, greendan47, Greenheart, gru_mpy, Guiri Green, halforddale, HC Green, Herts_Green, honicknowle_pete, Hubble, I Love Mickey, ivordewdney, JeanandJohn, jerryatricjanner, jespafc, jimsing, John Cooper, jont1974, jumpersforgoalposts, justanotherfan, Keen Green, Keepitgreen, Kevb77, khennes_904, Kilgore Trout, KirkbyGreen, Knibbsworth, L G, landons forehead, leamgreen, Leo's Grandad, Lev Yashin, lilcol, LipsonJock, lipsonlad67, loyal1970, Lundan Cabbie, Manadon Green, Mark Pedlar, Merlin, Metal_Green_Mickey, Michael_Fleet, moles40, Nannygreenthing, Nick McFarlane, nigel harradence, ninjamissile, NZ green, PAFC Norfolk, PlymOdi, Pogmoor_Green, Powys28, Presto, Princerock, ProfGreen, Quizmike, r4h4al, raffertymariner, Raydog, RKH, robbieB, Ross, saffronwalden green, Sean, slingsby_pobble, Steve Evans, Steve.PAFC2012, swendies, Swillyboy, SwimWithTheTide, The Doctor, Tom Cobbley, tonsk, Trebargran, up_the_line, watkin, Welwyn Pilgrim, WessexLyndhurster, xmastree and 960 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Developed by Vertical Plus Ltd