Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI  | Privacy Policy  
Until the end of season:

The Home Park refurbishment will be completed in It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Simon Hallett to be Chairman from 1st November
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:02 am 

Stuart House wrote:
Let's not forget Felwick is in his 70's (I think?). May - just may be he's thought sod that - way to much commitment when I'm supposed to be retired.

They do not breed Chairmen with the constitutions of the late Doug 'Deadly' Ellis, these days!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:03 am 
Site Owner

Exactly what I think Stuart.

Initially he may have been caught in the euphoria of it, but after the hype died down, and he thought about it, he may have thought ‘nah - too much hassle’. Plus of course Mrs Felwick May have come into the equation.

The more I think about this, the more logical it is.

Also I think that the buck stops with the Chairman, and as majority shareholder, that’s the way it should be.

JB has done his bit, now it’s Simon’s turn.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:31 am 
Player Sponsor #1 18/19

i still have reservations about this.i wish mister felwick would say "the reasons are personal but i stress there has been no rift in the boardroom".i think something is "up" at argyle.i hope i am wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:29 am 
GT Sponsor, Player Sponsor #1 18/19, Player Sponsor #2 18/19 and PALFC Sponsor #2 18/19

IJN wrote:
Exactly what I think Stuart.

Initially he may have been caught in the euphoria of it, but after the hype died down, and he thought about it, he may have thought ‘nah - too much hassle’. Plus of course Mrs Felwick May have come into the equation.

The more I think about this, the more logical it is.

Also I think that the buck stops with the Chairman, and as majority shareholder, that’s the way it should be.

JB has done his bit, now it’s Simon’s turn.

In 12 months time people on this site will be clamouring for JB to return.

BIRA are you leader of the Russian spy organisation :shh:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:32 am 
Site Owner

'Brent In Republican Army' mate. As there is apparently a 'BORA' I thought I'd create my own breakaway group. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:33 am 
GT Sponsor, Player Sponsor 1 18/19 and Player Sponsor 2 18/19

IJN wrote:
'Brent In Republican Army' mate. As there is apparently a 'BORA' I thought I'd create my own breakaway group. :lol:

:lol: :clap:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:24 pm 

So is Hallett a 'football man' and will he know when the time is right to sack Adams?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:29 pm 

Pilgrim wrote:
So is Hallett a 'football man' and will he know when the time is right to sack Adams?

You do not need to be a 'football man' to make difficult decisions on employed personnel. You need to ensure you are blessed with the right genital organs, together with a working knowledge of current Employment Law

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:34 pm 

Quintrell_Green wrote:
Pilgrim wrote:

You do not need to be a 'football man' to make difficult decisions on employed personnel. You need to ensure you are blessed with the right genital organs, together with a working knowledge of current Employment Law

Well Brent wasn't a 'Football man' remember the Brent/Fletcher debacle? That was quite early in Brent's stewardship if i remember rightly? Just hope Hallett has some knowledge of football and knows when to sack Adams before it's too late.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:57 pm 
Player Sponsor #2 18/19

Pilgrim wrote:
Quintrell_Green wrote:
Pilgrim wrote:

Well Brent wasn't a 'Football man' remember the Brent/Fletcher debacle? That was quite early in Brent's stewardship if i remember rightly? Just hope Hallett has some knowledge of football and knows when to sack Adams before it's too late.

Its not, for me, so much about the dismissal. it's about recruitment. Football relies on networks I am not sure our Board has anybody on it with the connections to quickly bring in a manager to turn things around.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:06 pm 

cheshiregreen wrote:
Pilgrim wrote:
Quintrell_Green wrote:
Pilgrim wrote:

Its not, for me, so much about the dismissal. it's about recruitment. Football relies on networks I am not sure our Board has anybody on it with the connections to quickly bring in a manager to turn things around.

It’s statements like this that makes me amazed how little people know about Argyle. Absolutely staggering.

Are you not aware of the career of Michael Dunford?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:13 pm 
Player Sponsor #2 18/19

HC Green wrote:
cheshiregreen wrote:
Pilgrim wrote:
Quintrell_Green wrote:
Pilgrim wrote:

It’s statements like this that makes me amazed how little people know about Argyle. Absolutely staggering.

Are you not aware of the career of Michael Dunford?

Yes. His last 3 jobs were Crawley, Plymouth Albion and Chesterfield.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:44 pm 

Pilgrim wrote:
Quintrell_Green wrote:
Pilgrim wrote:

Nothing will happen until November.. might be an interesting month if we’re still bottom.

Much as I’d like DA to go there’s no point if there’s no one better to bring in as a replacement.. an open advert might not bring the right candidates.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next