EFL Carabao Cup Round 2 draw (away to Millwall Wed 29 Aug) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

EFL Carabao Cup Round 2 draw (away to Millwall Wed 29 Aug)

Jan 27, 2012
Millwall will be strong favourites, although they could always play their reserves.

I'd say its a drawable game- and anything can happen with penalties.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Quintrell_Green":3mrdb8lj said:
At least away fans these days can attend Millwall's ground without needing to review their life assurance! I cannot imagine DA will be terribly chuffed over this draw, but football can turn up surprises just like Jan 1967 when Argyle against all the odds took Millwall's unbeaten home record of 59 games. Bring it on.
Blimey, I remember being in our dining room as a 10 year old not believing what I was seeing as the results came in that day. This is a truly awful draw but I look back to 1973 for belief that it is winnable.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
HC Green":2gecmxb3 said:
As Millwall are playing on the Sunday before the tie there must be a high probability that it will be played on the Wednesday.

Yeah it probably will be, Millwall are at Rotherham for a lunchtime game on Sunday.
If it is on a Wednesday it doesn't give the team much time to prepare for the Portsmouth game unless Adams has training on the Thursday.

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
Cobi, you just don't have a clue. You've done some school work and now you're an expert lol. Dear boy, pike your father, get your head out of your arse

Aug 15, 2015
I live in London Bridge so very happy with Millwall.

Also one of my favourite grounds. Something about it and the atmosphere.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Lancastergreen":3mke94pb said:
Cobi, you just don't have a clue. You've done some school work and now you're an expert lol. Dear boy, pike your father, get your head out of your arse

Amazing how easy it is to trigger someone on here with an honest opinion :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Shoenice":s00o3w68 said:
I live in London Bridge so very happy with Millwall.

Also one of my favourite grounds. Something about it and the atmosphere.
I thought the atmosphere was quite disappointing when I went in February. All the noise was coming from the Sheffield Wednesday supporters, but even that wasn't much.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Cobi's right. Millwall do amazing work in the community and are a very different entity to what they used to be. Of course they still have their fair share of pillocks and of course there are nicer areas of London, but it isn't 1986 any more.

Sep 25, 2010
Brussels Bureaucrat":wjsv33i1 said:
Cobi's right. Millwall do amazing work in the community and are a very different entity to what they used to be. Of course they still have their fair share of pillocks and of course there are nicer areas of London, but it isn't 1986 any more.

Of course the ‘club’, do amazing work in the commodity, and should be applauded for it, some good work has gone on.
There is a big difference to what the club does, and what the so called fans do
But, if you think their hard core of vile people have gone away, you are badly mistaken.

Look at the recents incidents of a cup tie at Luton, and the way there ‘fans’, broke up seats at the play off final at Wembley, plus the numerous common racist chanting at black players at the New Den.

I could go on,

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Quite happy with this draw what with being based in London. In fact, I get off at the South Bermondsey train station quite a few times a week, so I know the dreaded pathway from the station quite well :) Luckily it is peaceful when I am using it.

For a Tuesday night Carabao Cup game, I cannot envisage much trouble to be honest. If the Gillingham game is anything to go by, then there will be about 5,000 in attendance.

In terms of rivalries, Argyle are small fry for Millwall, so I cannot imagine there being much trouble.

Of course, they have an awful record of thuggery going back through the years which no one can deny, but keep your wits about you, don't look for trouble, and you'll be ok.

I have met quite a few Millwall fans when I go to watch Dulwich Hamlet.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Emu":3dwglbu5 said:

I used to live (briefly) in Denmark Hill, and if Millwall fans are flocking to Dulwich Hamlet FC then either life in east London is even less exciting than I remember, or they have gone "aspirational". Surely not.

Actually, ...... why are you watching Dulwich Hamlet???? :wtf: Just asking.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
AdelaideGreen":33bmowy9 said:
Emu":33bmowy9 said:

I used to live (briefly) in Denmark Hill, and if Millwall fans are flocking to Dulwich Hamlet FC then either life in east London is even less exciting than I remember, or they have gone "aspirational". Surely not.

Actually, ...... why are you watching Dulwich Hamlet???? :wtf: Just asking.

Been going down to DH since 1996, although they are currently playing at Tooting & Mitcham due to a ground dispute.

When Palace and Millwall are away, you often get their fans turning up at matches at DH, although what with East Dulwich now becoming a trendy place to live, the club has accumulated a new younger fanbase which has been reflected in its attendances.

There's a number of Argyle fans who go down there quite regularly.