Just back... | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Just back...

Jun 2, 2016
The-Pilgrim":1a9kbypz said:
Clarke_B":1a9kbypz said:
CornishPaul":1a9kbypz said:
What's all this draw nonsence that's happening Thursday? Anyone know anything about it??

The draw takes place on Thursday at 7pm Paul. It is taking place before the Sunderland match and not China or Thailand like last season! It is unseeded but the draw will be a north/south divide
Any away tie from Palace/West Ham/Watford/Fulham/Millwall or Brentford please.

I think I'm right in saying there is no splitting of crowd money in this cup so we might as well play them at home.
Each club gets 45% so a big away tie would be good

Dec 29, 2011
I thought Yann Songo'o was absolutely magnificent last night.He headed it, blocked it,kneed it, kicked it .He typifies everything I love about Argyle.No technical ability (although yesterday he was finding teammates and spraying it about at times),But an attitude that doesn't deviate from one game to the next.Even when we were losing 5.0 at Yeovil in a friendly he was still throwing himself into challenges.His performance mirrored his performance at Wigan last season.He coulkd hardly walk off the pitch when he was substituted last night, and I must admit I feared the worse for the last 10 minutes or so as I could just see no way we would concede with Yann on the pitch .

He is also not afraid to single out other Argyle players if he believes they are not switched on and doing their job .Tafari Moore was on the receiving end of a couple of earfuls last night

Jul 8, 2016
Great Result....well done the lads! :scarf:

A nice home draw v Villa, West Ham or Southampton would be nice or a local Derby v them up the Road or Brizzle Rovers.

Kiss of death.........we will get Wycombe away :facepalm:

Sep 6, 2006
the_corkscrew":3pbmb6wy said:
The-Pilgrim":3pbmb6wy said:
Clarke_B":3pbmb6wy said:
CornishPaul":3pbmb6wy said:
What's all this draw nonsence that's happening Thursday? Anyone know anything about it??

The draw takes place on Thursday at 7pm Paul. It is taking place before the Sunderland match and not China or Thailand like last season! It is unseeded but the draw will be a north/south divide
Any away tie from Palace/West Ham/Watford/Fulham/Millwall or Brentford please.

I think I'm right in saying there is no splitting of crowd money in this cup so we might as well play them at home.
Each club gets 45% so a big away tie would be good

Probably not really because there wouldn't be much interest from Prem League fans

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Dan Ellard":2i7abhzr said:
Our first win of any kind in this competition since we beat Portsmouth’s kids in 2012. The one before that was in 2007.

And that’s our first away win in the League Cup since 1990?!
I'm still in shock that we won a League Cup match. Our form in this compo has always mystified me.

Apr 5, 2008
So next round can be any team in premiership not involved in Europe ?

I’d like Leicester or West Ham at home Newcastle or Everton away ,because of bigger gate receipts.Worry that Adams talking about lack of budget again and hoping for big team next round ,you do wonder if he might one day of had enough of it and quit :sad:

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
moles40":172pz2qe said:
So next round can be any team in premiership not involved in Europe ?

I’d like Leicester or West Ham at home Newcastle or Everton away ,because of bigger gate receipts.Worry that Adams talking about lack of budget again and hoping for big team next round ,you do wonder if he might one day of had enough of it and quit :sad:
Don’t think he would have recently signed a new 5 year deal if that was the case.

Green_Matt":37tkkkwo said:
Dan Ellard":37tkkkwo said:
Our first win of any kind in this competition since we beat Portsmouth’s kids in 2012. The one before that was in 2007.

And that’s our first away win in the League Cup since 1990?!
I'm still in shock that we won a League Cup match. Our form in this compo has always mystified me.
Hasn’t always been bad, I seem to recall a semi final against Middlesborough in the early 70’s.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I can't remember that.

I think we played Leicester in the early days and I can certainly remember Man City.

When was the Boro one?

Sep 6, 2006
Steve Evans":3omaj396 said:
the 'boro match was in the 70s but it was an fa cup match which we won 1-0.nobby stiles played for 'boro.

Yep Rafferty scored I think. Pretty sure it was the game before Everton 4th round 38,000 on Match of Day. Jan 75.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Balham_Green":n8slvmgz said:
Steve Evans":n8slvmgz said:
the 'boro match was in the 70s but it was an fa cup match which we won 1-0.nobby stiles played for 'boro.

Yep Rafferty scored I think. Pretty sure it was the game before Everton 4th round 38,000 on Match of Day. Jan 75.

Prior to losing 1-3 to Everton on 24.01.75. the FA Cup games in order were against Dartford, Palace,and Blaclpool

In the fa Cup on 03.01.73. Middlesborough were beaten at Home Park 1-0 grateful to the one and only Jimmy Hinch!