New JonB blog. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

New JonB blog.

May 8, 2011
So the letter from PCC says works can commence, so just as Jon Back said in the blog. Some people who queried the truthfulness of his words need to apologise.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
tonycholwell":3g031w3j said:
Can I ask Ian, have you been told where Hospitality for Directors, including Away Directors will be, let alone paying guests?

You can Tony but I won’t answer. These days you don’t know who you can trust. As soon as you report back to Lloyd Central, certain people can ring up various contacts and create all sorts of damage.

I have my Season Ticket, so I’m fine whatever happens.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
HC Green":2w3is6ny said:
So the letter from PCC says works can commence, so just as Jon Back said in the blog. Some people who queried the truthfulness of his words need to apologise.

What’s really sad is the fact that the people who objected to the hybridness of the application will now be annoyed that the PCC has ‘split’ the drainage query!

Meanwhile us Argyle fans will be happy that this disastrous problem which would result in the end of the World as we know, can look forward to some progress.

Aug 5, 2015
There’s still the question of the step ladder though. Shudder to think what might happen if that gets moved

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
HC Green":1l3y2q3p said:

Indeed but Lloyd and Blight won't.

Good news, full steam ahead!

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Kentishgreen":27aae5qi said:
There’s still the question of the step ladder though. Shudder to think what might happen if that gets moved

Will people please stop raising the 'step ladder issue'. We will alert 'Health and Safety' and that will be the end of days! ;)

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
What's not clear at least to me has the contract for the grandstand been agreed and signed.

Aug 5, 2015
Isn’t it amazing the number of people who come on here and start off my saying “ it isn’t clear to me ...” it isn’t clear to if I’ll be alive tomorrow. It also isn’t clear to me if it’ll rain tomorrow.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Kentishgreen":3dbfc66h said:
Isn’t it amazing the number of people who come on here and start off my saying “ it isn’t clear to me ...” it isn’t clear to if I’ll be alive tomorrow. It also isn’t clear to me if it’ll rain tomorrow.

It Isn't clear to me what you are saying, has the contract for the grandstand been signed and agree for both sides.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
From that letter...

The Local Planning Authority has been provided with a significant amount of information relating to the proposed drainage for Phase 1 of the development. The principle of the works is accepted by officers although some outstanding information is still required. This information relates to works offsite and is still being negotiated. However, and given that this additional information does not affect the immediate construction phase the Lead Local Flood Authority has confirmed that a partial discharge is acceptable and that the development can commence whilst negotiations continue. The Lead Local Flood Authority does note however that complete discharge of Condition 19 should be attained within a reasonable timeframe. An extension of time has been agreed to facilitate this.

I hope this letter explains satisfactorily that Planning Permission 17/01684/OUT may now be implemented / commenced despite not having been given a formal Discharge of Conditions Decision Notice. You will of course be required to submit the additional information required for Condition 19 for approval at your earliest convenience so that the LPA can issue the Discharge of Conditions Decision Notice (18/00907/CDM).

:thumbup:

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Biggs":28nfwpcp said:
From that letter...

The Local Planning Authority has been provided with a significant amount of information relating to the proposed drainage for Phase 1 of the development. The principle of the works is accepted by officers although some outstanding information is still required. This information relates to works offsite and is still being negotiated. However, and given that this additional information does not affect the immediate construction phase the Lead Local Flood Authority has confirmed that a partial discharge is acceptable and that the development can commence whilst negotiations continue. The Lead Local Flood Authority does note however that complete discharge of Condition 19 should be attained within a reasonable timeframe. An extension of time has been agreed to facilitate this.

I hope this letter explains satisfactorily that Planning Permission 17/01684/OUT may now be implemented / commenced despite not having been given a formal Discharge of Conditions Decision Notice. You will of course be required to submit the additional information required for Condition 19 for approval at your earliest convenience so that the LPA can issue the Discharge of Conditions Decision Notice (18/00907/CDM).

Biggs, I think what Dunlop was asking and more than once was has the contract been signed?

Subtlety, I think he was saying that conditions were making construction a goer, but only when a contract has been signed for the work.

Of course, if that's not what he was alluding to, he will be straight on to tell us.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Oh I know that, I was just posting the pertinent bit of the letter as the link wasn't working.

As for the contract, I don't know. Everything on the GL Events website seems to suggest it's all done and dusted, and they've already started. Whether that's the same as literally signing a contract, I don't know.

GL events UK is appointed to carry out stadia redevelopment at Home Park Stadium, home of Plymouth Argyle FC. The contract expands on the company’s growing stadium construction business, following similar projects at Exeter City FC, Barnet FC and Watford FC, and underlines the businesses expertise in permanent as well as temporary infrastructure.
GL will implement a series of phased works on the Mayflower Stand at the stadium, the first focusing on enabling works and the installation of a new control room, ticketing office, and a club shop; The Argyle Superstore. The second phase will see the business construct a new lower terrace, seating, new changing room facility, new corporate hospitality and conference and events spaces, and a completely new roof structure for the stand.

https://www.glevents.co.uk/gl-events-co ... -business/

Neath Green

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
✅ Evergreen
♣️ SWAG Member
Jan 21, 2007
Neath
tonycholwell":3fh7u5al said:
Biggs":3fh7u5al said:
From that letter...

Biggs, I think what Dunlop was asking and more than once was has the contract been signed?

Subtlety, I think he was saying that conditions were making construction a goer, but only when a contract has been signed for the work.

Of course, if that's not what he was alluding to, he will be straight on to tell us.

I have responded on a previous topic about a contract being signed. It really is nothing to get worked up about. As I have said before as a Civil engineer with 35yrs in construction it is not uncommon for a contract not to be signed and agreed by all parties until well into the construction phase. The most important thing is that a main contractor has been appointed. Our company regularly commences work on a project under a letter of intent with an order to cover preliminary works etc. Until all designs are finalised and that will include any drainage designs/issues then neither party will sign off the final contract. With the encouraging news that the drainage issue is sorted I think we will see an announcement of the signed contract fairly soon.