New deals for Derek and the team | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New deals for Derek and the team

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
SatisfiedinSouthway":qnp5ophv said:
Great news. He still had plenty of his contract remaining so was under no pressure to extend if he didn’t feel it was right. Hopefully this means he’s happy with the budget and building plans both on and off field.

Not necessarily an extension. May be a renegotiation of salary, release clauses etc. We'll see.

Mar 23, 2008
Good news. The Argyle side of me says we have a good manager for the long haul and the pragmatic/cynical side says if we lost him then we should command higher compensation.

twist of lime

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts
Great news - well done to the board for getting this in place.

Fantastic news that Derek and his team want to stay.

The future is looking GREEN

COYG

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Good news I thought Ipswich would have been in for him.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Good news, nice to have a man of principle at the helm.

Sep 19, 2015
DA has always struck me as an ambitious man. Todays great news should prove that he has the upmost trust in Brent to supply him the tools to take both himself and the club to the next level. A good day for the club.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
I think Argyle are a great fit for DA’s personality because….. a) He is a control freak but here he is given a budget and then left to get on with it with no interference at all from above ……b) he knows he will be given time & backing if things don’t go well (if he doubted it before then last season proved that)……. c) Here he is more than ‘coach’ and in many ways more than just a football manager – he is more like a ‘project manager’ who has his say all aspects of the club’s development ….. d) He knows there is plenty of potential for development on and off the pitch, so he can claim (quite rightly) the transformation of a club not just the assembly of a winning team.

If you look around the football world there really aren’t many clubs who tick those boxes as I’m sure he well knows. Maybe I’m being naïve but I don’t think it will be money or glamour that will entice him to leave but only the prospect of another ‘project’ to build something bigger when he feels he’s taken us as far as he can…….. or he’ll quit over a point of principle. Hopefully neither will happen for a long time yet.

Jan 27, 2012
Of course, signing a new deal does not necessarily keep Adams here if other clubs are interested in appointing him. But his new deal is a sign that rival clubs would have to offer something fairly significant to tempt him away this coming season.

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
Didn't DA sign a 4 year deal early last season?

Can understand deals for the other two but slightly strange one for DA - although no details released yet.

Good news all round anyway!

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Topboy":3pbm5vm1 said:

Can understand deals for the other two but slightly strange one for DA - although no details released yet.

I believe he signed a 3 year deal two summers ago

Great news. :scarf:

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Topboy":2qtscyq6 said:

August 2016, to keep him here until 2020.
I see the 3 backroom deals have been announced as 2 years, also until 2020.

Not announcing the length on the new deal for Derek will leave speculation open as to whether he's extended or re-negotiated as has already been mentioned. If I had to guess: I'd assume extension is most likely, hopefully until 2022.

May 8, 2011
Ave_IT":2t68gz8a said:
I think Argyle are a great fit for DA’s personality because….. a) He is a control freak but here he is given a budget and then left to get on with it with no interference at all from above ……b) he knows he will be given time & backing if things don’t go well (if he doubted it before then last season proved that)……. c) Here he is more than ‘coach’ and in many ways more than just a football manager – he is more like a ‘project manager’ who has his say all aspects of the club’s development ….. d) He knows there is plenty of potential for development on and off the pitch, so he can claim (quite rightly) the transformation of a club not just the assembly of a winning team.

If you look around the football world there really aren’t many clubs who tick those boxes as I’m sure he well knows. Maybe I’m being naïve but I don’t think it will be money or glamour that will entice him to leave but only the prospect of another ‘project’ to build something bigger when he feels he’s taken us as far as he can…….. or he’ll quit over a point of principle. Hopefully neither will happen for a long time yet.

I agree with that, at the time of Adams reaching 1,000 days in charge he was quoted as saying, ‘the Chairman lets me run the football club exactly as I see fit’.

Feb 8, 2005
He signed a 4 year deal in August 2016.

As his coaching staff now have 2 year deals, it wouldn't surprise me if Adams has a new 2 year deal also, especially as we survived in Div 1.

Simply put, a pay rise, although I expect there may be other clauses in the contract put in by both parties.