Charlton away (sold out) | Page 20 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Charlton away (sold out)

Keepitgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
David_Fisher":2go6abv4 said:
Kevin_Dacombe":2go6abv4 said:
signalspast":2go6abv4 said:
Three reasons why you should not stand because that is what you wish.
1 it is against the law
2 You have been sold a seat to watch a football match by naming that seat the football club not only have an obligation to you but a legal obligation to fulfill its contract by not ensuring this they have breached the contract
3 it's bad manners and ignorant and says more about you as a person by not sitting

No it is not. There is no law preventing standing in seated areas.

With regards people talking about Pompey... Pompey are always very clever and leave the very bottom left of the stand unsold for the very reason of people not being able to get to there seats. It's only about 250 seats but it saves so much hassle.

So which part of this are you having trouble understanding, particularly point 13?

"12 All persons entering the Ground may only occupy the seat allocated to them by their ticket
and must not move from any one part of the Ground to another without the express
permission or instruction of any steward, officer of the Club and/or any police officer.

13 Nobody may stand in any seating area whilst play is in progress. Persistent standing in
seated areas whilst play is in progress is strictly forbidden and may result in ejection from
the Ground.

14 The obstruction of gangways, access ways, exits and entrances, stairways and like places
is strictly forbidden. Nobody entering the Ground shall be permitted to climb any structures
within the Ground."

Because Argyle allow people in block 3 at HP to ignore the rules they then expect to be able to do the same at away grounds.

It would be interesting to know the official Argyle view as to why the regulations are not being properly enforced. And the ground licensing authority should also have an input on this.
I think he was alluding to the fact that it's not against the law but against ground regulations.

Oct 16, 2016
Biggs":39y12ash said:
Shankster":39y12ash said:
Iā€™m hoping someone brings the rule book along tomorrow.

I will demand this when I want to; sit, stand, breathe, fart etc. <thumbs up>

The core point was one of being considerate to fellow fans who may be unable to stand.

We have seen from your grandstand posts that your attitude seems to be 'if they don't like it, f**k em'.

Really? Thatā€™s a fairly strong assumption. The Grandstand isnā€™t the greater issue, I think the amenities are a greater issue.

Itā€™s easier to assume that those that use the Grandstand have a greater need and right than others, but that would be a poor assumption of a similar nature, wouldnā€™t you agree?

Oct 6, 2005
Winchester
Keepitgreen":3vbqv4gv said:
David_Fisher":3vbqv4gv said:
Kevin_Dacombe":3vbqv4gv said:
signalspast":3vbqv4gv said:
1 it is against the law
2 You have been sold a seat to watch a football match by naming that seat the football club not only have an obligation to you but a legal obligation to fulfill its contract by not ensuring this they have breached the contract
3 it's bad manners and ignorant and says more about you as a person by not sitting

No it is not. There is no law preventing standing in seated areas.

With regards people talking about Pompey... Pompey are always very clever and leave the very bottom left of the stand unsold for the very reason of people not being able to get to there seats. It's only about 250 seats but it saves so much hassle.

So which part of this are you having trouble understanding, particularly point 13?

"12 All persons entering the Ground may only occupy the seat allocated to them by their ticket
and must not move from any one part of the Ground to another without the express
permission or instruction of any steward, officer of the Club and/or any police officer.

13 Nobody may stand in any seating area whilst play is in progress. Persistent standing in
seated areas whilst play is in progress is strictly forbidden and may result in ejection from
the Ground.

14 The obstruction of gangways, access ways, exits and entrances, stairways and like places
is strictly forbidden. Nobody entering the Ground shall be permitted to climb any structures
within the Ground."

Because Argyle allow people in block 3 at HP to ignore the rules they then expect to be able to do the same at away grounds.

It would be interesting to know the official Argyle view as to why the regulations are not being properly enforced. And the ground licensing authority should also have an input on this.
I think he was alluding to the fact that it's not against the law but against ground regulations.

Yes, exactly.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Shankster":3tp8nbsp said:
Biggs":3tp8nbsp said:
The core point was one of being considerate to fellow fans who may be unable to stand.

We have seen from your grandstand posts that your attitude seems to be 'if they don't like it, f**k em'.

Really? Thatā€™s a fairly strong assumption. The Grandstand isnā€™t the greater issue, I think the amenities are a greater issue.

Itā€™s easier to assume that those that use the Grandstand have a greater need and right than others, but that would be a poor assumption of a similar nature, wouldnā€™t you agree?

That's a hell of a straw man argument. How have you come up with the view that I or anyone else thinks people who use the grandstand have a greater need and right than others?

Oct 16, 2016
Biggs":3ewebtoq said:
Shankster":3ewebtoq said:
Biggs":3ewebtoq said:

That's a hell of a straw man argument. How have you come up with the view that I or anyone else thinks people who use the grandstand have a greater need and right than others?

I didnā€™t

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Argyle and Charlton have confirmed it's allocated seating .....

We, and Charlton Athletic, would like to remind all supporters to NOT travel to the game if you have not got a valid ticket for the match. Supporters are also reminded that tickets are for allocated seating; you should sit in the seat allocated to you on your ticket.

Aug 5, 2016
signalspast":f9h3mq88 said:
1 it is against the law

Sounds like you need to get your lawyer on the case against 3,000 defendants then. Standing is against the law after all.

Aug 17, 2005
There is a saying about assuming things and that well and truly applies to me at the moment. I have always thought when the seating laws came into force that it was against the law to stand. My apologies for staying it. It just seems a total waste of time now to force clubs to install the seating. On a personal point well a couple of years ago I took someone to a match who was terminally ill with cancer. It was the last match he went to because of someone who insisted he would stand with the attitude I have paid and I want to stand and nobody is going to stop me, his words. It says more about the person than it said about mike.

Oct 16, 2016
Everybody stood (I can only assume that because I didnā€™t see anybody sitting from where i was) we did so at our allocated seat.

Best of both worlds, all very well ordered and safe. Not a single steward asked us to sit.

Sep 6, 2006
Shankster":1c6mfmmg said:
Everybody stood (I can only assume that because I didnā€™t see anybody sitting from where i was) we did so at our allocated seat.

Best of both worlds, all very well ordered and safe. Not a single steward asked us to sit.

More shame on the stewards. I saw children and old people unables to stand/see. Perhaps they were the lucky ones! I'm 6ft and couldn't see the goal line and our best moment when we hit the post.(apparently ) But as long as you were OK that's the main thing.