Here we go, Smith, Sturrock, Williamson or Adams | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Here we go, Smith, Sturrock, Williamson or Adams

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
esmer":8wadneq5 said:
Smith has to be first as we finished seventh in the old second division in 1987 which is, I believe, the closest we have come apart from a season in the sixties to the top tier. Sturrock mark 2 was a disaster and has to take some of the blame for our financial problems so would be bottom so for me:

1. Smith
2. Sturrock mark 1
3. Adams
3. Williamson
4. Sturrock mark 2

A word for Williamson. He had a decent season in the Championship with the problem of replacing a number of the promoted team who weren't up to Championship standard and his sacking for me was one of the biggest surprises in my time supporting Argyle.

Obviously Adams is a work in progress and hopefully he will in time rise to the top of the standings.

You clearly weren't at the Brighton Athletics Park then!!!

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Beyton_Green":256719zp said:
esmer":256719zp said:
Smith has to be first as we finished seventh in the old second division in 1987 which is, I believe, the closest we have come apart from a season in the sixties to the top tier. Sturrock mark 2 was a disaster and has to take some of the blame for our financial problems so would be bottom so for me:

1. Smith
2. Sturrock mark 1
3. Adams
3. Williamson
4. Sturrock mark 2

A word for Williamson. He had a decent season in the Championship with the problem of replacing a number of the promoted team who weren't up to Championship standard and his sacking for me was one of the biggest surprises in my time supporting Argyle.

Obviously Adams is a work in progress and hopefully he will in time rise to the top of the standings.

You clearly weren't at the Brighton Athletics Park then!!!

Or at Crewe

Oct 16, 2016
I didn’t know a lot about Williamson but this is an excerpt directly from The Express (I know before you say it.....) during his tenure as a national coach in Africa;

The former Kilmarnock, Hibernian, Plymouth Argyle and Chester City boss, along with every other football coach in the African country, will be asked to sign a code of conduct which “denounces any support or involvement in sodomy-related acts”.

How ridiculous is that??

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Mike E":cca1m3ap said:
Ok delete Warnock, Waiters was Scottish.
Waiters was born in Southport and played for England. :)

Aug 10, 2006
dunlop":1xz0o01p said:
Number one has got to be Sturrock mk1 no other recent manager has got near the squad he assembled, amongst them,
Norris Frio,Evans, Coughlan, Wotton, Capaldi, Hodges, Stonebridge and two top notch keepers Luke and Romaine, he also had a fantastic coaching staff Blackley, Summerfield an Maxi as the physio.
you are joking cidermans team was far better.

Oct 24, 2010
loyal1970":3t4sqnyq said:
dunlop":3t4sqnyq said:
Number one has got to be Sturrock mk1 no other recent manager has got near the squad he assembled, amongst them,
Norris Frio,Evans, Coughlan, Wotton, Capaldi, Hodges, Stonebridge and two top notch keepers Luke and Romaine, he also had a fantastic coaching staff Blackley, Summerfield an Maxi as the physio.
you are joking cidermans team was far better.
The fact is of the players named only Norris went on to have a successful career at Championship level although Luke would probably have gone on to greater things and I think we can all agree that Evans was Championship standard. Also Connelly played for a number of years in the Championship. The others..........

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Never mind the rest; Adams will surely be Number 1 with a bullet on everyone's list if Argyle find themselves in the Championship next season.

Sep 17, 2017
Voice_of_Reason":3bvyzeva said:
Will there be anyone who wouldn't have Bobby 4th?

I think Mr Sturrock might put him higher in the list,

After all he did recommend him for the job.