Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
It's a catch 22, it's so bad that we mention it here but mentioning it here draws attention (and hits) to the website which is, after all, all they're interested in. I wish the Herald could realise that the hits they're generating are those of complete derision for their so-called "news".

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
vibratingspider":8ugk6eof said:
It's a catch 22, it's so bad that we mention it here but mentioning it here draws attention (and hits) to the website which is, after all, all they're interested in. I wish the Herald could realise that the hits they're generating are those of complete derision for their so-called "news".

Short term boost in advertising revenue, long term hit to their reputation. A bit like the boy who cried wolf.

It shows how desperate they and other regional newspapers are, due to the internet and other trends. I haven't bought a physical Herald or any other newspaper for years, so they have to get their money from somewhere :sad:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Stuart House":112f1ah5 said:
What I hope they won't do, but fear they might is run unnecessary articles about Edwards.

I thought the same.

To be fair the Plymouth Herald sport section is quite good at reporting the latest Premier League news, tips on Premier League fantasy football and updates on the Football Manager computer game. :)

If it's not Chris Errington it's not worth reading.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I think Beren Cross is very good, to be fair Postey. Both written stuff in the Herald and on the Argyle Chat podcast.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
I think Cross and Errington are two of the worst journalists the Herald has ever employed.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Quintrell_Green":2dd8e3qz said:
dunlop":2dd8e3qz said:
I think Cross and Errington are two of the worst journalists the Herald has ever employed.

Seems a bit extreme. Can you definitely lay the latest faux pas at Errington's door?

Errington has now become too close to the Argyle set up since his wife has been an employee of the club, that aside he is s nowhere near the good sports journalist the Herald has had in the past.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
The herald as a whole has turned into utter dross over the past decade.

Complete click bait non stories

Jan 20, 2005
Plymouth, Devon
dunlop":294px7p2 said:
Quintrell_Green":294px7p2 said:
dunlop":294px7p2 said:

Seems a bit extreme. Can you definitely lay the latest faux pas at Errington's door?

Errington has now become too close to the Argyle set up since his wife has been an employee of the club, that aside he is s nowhere near the good sports journalist the Herald has had in the past.

Disagree. I thoroughly enjoy reading Errington's reports and analysis on PAFC. We could do a lot worse!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Stuart House":hq9apedg said:
What I hope they won't do, but fear they might is run unnecessary articles about Edwards.

Your fear was correct.