Bradford interested in Ryan Taylor - update: bid rejected | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Bradford interested in Ryan Taylor - update: bid rejected

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

This is a difficult one for the club, made only more difficult by the poor business already this window. We shouldnā€™t have allowed Fletcher, Blissett and Cfitci to all leave without replacements.

Taylor has been hugely influential in our turn of form. Heā€™s an integral player, made even more so by the beforementioned lack of business. However, I will say this, he isnā€™t irreplaceable.

In League One, money is important and you donā€™t receive very many transfer fees. Selling a player, that can leave for free in the summer, is sound business. In ordinary circumstances whereby we had a selection of other strikers and time to find a replacement Iā€™d reluctantly let Taylor leave for a fee.

Nonetheless that isnā€™t the case and given the need for at least two strikers as it is and a limited time in which to find them, I think we should do all we can to keep hold of Taylor.

May 8, 2011
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":2l83dsug said:
This is a difficult one for the club, made only more difficult by the poor business already this window. We shouldnā€™t have allowed Fletcher, Blissett and Cfitci to all leave without replacements.

Taylor has been hugely influential in our turn of form. Heā€™s an integral player, made even more so by the beforementioned lack of business. However, I will say this, he isnā€™t irreplaceable.

In League One, money is important and you donā€™t receive very many transfer fees. Selling a player, that can leave for free in the summer, is sound business. In ordinary circumstances whereby we had a selection of other strikers and time to find a replacement Iā€™d reluctantly let Taylor leave for a fee.

Nonetheless that isnā€™t the case and given the need for at least two strikers as it is and a limited time in which to find them, I think we should do all we can to keep hold of Taylor.

The decision for the loan moves and Ciftci to leave was made by Adams, donā€™t you just think he had reasons to want the players to get the moves and is quite aware of the implications?

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
HC Green":51upoymf said:
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":51upoymf said:

The decision for the loan moves and Ciftci to leave was made by Adams, donā€™t you just think he had reasons to want the players to get the moves and is quite aware of the implications?

Yeah donā€™t dare question it :thumbs:

Funny how we canā€™t move players in because of being in this magical chain of movements yet we move 3 out without drama.

I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see us miss out on targets with it being seemingly complicated. All it takes is one move elsewhere to breakdown to effect out target.

For that reason I agree with not letting players leave until weā€™re in a position of strength.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
If we let Taylor go now (for the sake of Ā£50k for example), we are jeopardising our league one status. He in an extremely important player for our set up.

If we get relegated at the end of the season, it will far more than Ā£50k we're losing.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

HC Green":100s1pup said:
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":100s1pup said:

Of course he would have had his reasons. Nonetheless, it is a risk, and one I would have preferred he hadn't taken.

Jul 18, 2011
Of course, we donā€™t know the full details of the loans we have made and if there are recall conditions attached.

We donā€™t know if Taylor has been offered a new contract.

We donā€™t know if we have made offers for other players.

We donā€™t know if other players are already lined up.

We donā€™t know if other players have been offered contract extensions.

We donā€™t know if contracts for players have an added year clause that can be activated by the club.

Still, with all the wonderful free advice Adams is being offered here from football experts like SAM Iā€™m sure it will be sorted soon...

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
And with not knowing through lack of information speculations will fill the voids.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jul 28, 2010
Tugboat":2wcc833x said:
And with not knowing through lack of information speculations will fill the voids.

As long as everyone recognises that it is speculation then there isn't an issue. It's when speculation becomes accepted "FACT" through constant repetition that there is a problem.

Stuart House

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Abbotts Ann Green":8qvy2dyl said:
Of course, we donā€™t know the full details of the loans we have made and if there are recall conditions attached.

We donā€™t know if Taylor has been offered a new contract.

We donā€™t know if we have made offers for other players.

We donā€™t know if other players are already lined up.

We donā€™t know if other players have been offered contract extensions.

We donā€™t know if contracts for players have an added year clause that can be activated by the club.

Still, with all the wonderful free advice Adams is being offered here from football experts like SAM Iā€™m sure it will be sorted soon...

Lets look at what we do know.

We had four strikers now we have one.

We have received a bid for that one striker.

Without that one striker we achieved 5 points from first 12 games.

With that said striker we achieved 18 points from last 8 games.

It's the 17th January and we have no new outfield signings.

We have just lost our most influential player to Fleetwood Town.

All of the above are indisputable facts. Add in a bit of speculation (We don't compete financially with most of the division, people don't what to uproot family and move south, interest in Carey and Bradley) then I think its fair that people are getting a little anxious around this transfer window. More so given our track record.

Stuart House

šŸŒ Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
jimsing":71fbvemo said:
Another FACT - We are only just passed half way in the window.

Chill out!!

Sort of irrelevant if Taylor picks up an injury in training this week. Yes there is still time, but we are short on players NOW!

Jul 12, 2016
I think the anxiety level has increased due to our poor start and our proven reliance on certain players. You cannot argue with the facts and with over half of the transfer window gone supporters are bound to be concerned at the lack of activity in the transfer window. All well being patient but do we really need to wait until the 11th hour to secure players?

May 8, 2011
oldage":gc9sv3en said:
I think the anxiety level has increased due to our poor start and our proven reliance on certain players. You cannot argue with the facts and with over half of the transfer window gone supporters are bound to be concerned at the lack of activity in the transfer window. All well being patient but do we really need to wait until the 11th hour to secure players?

There is a thread entitled ā€˜Quality not quantity this timeā€™ and perhaps you have forgotten when in last Januaryā€™s window Taylor and Sarcevic arrived and of course Kennedy arrived late on the 31st.