✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
1984: FA Cup 6th Round Replay, Derby County 0 Argyle 1, att: 34,365, with the winner direct from an Andy Rogers' 17th minute corner. As the paper had it, "In the corridors of the stadium the emotional scenes were unforgettable. Players embraced the manager, directors embraced the players and their eyes were filled with tears. Some were too choked to speak. So much happiness and joy and yet they didn't know how to express the feeling in words"

Thanks to the Bible - GoS.

Dec 3, 2005
I remember that day - wow did the Derby fans not like getting beaten by the Argyle.
My brother worked up in that area at the time and so I left it to him to park the car - well it wasn't where all the Argyle fans had parked - we had to walk down this road - completly full of Derby fans and not very happy ones - we didnt speak in case they heard our accent lol. They were smashing shop windows, damaging cars, we were very glad to get back to the car.

:)

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
I was living in Kings Langley, Hertfordshire at the time - and working in London. I remember banning my wife from the living room, sitting down and listening to live radio coverage on the BBC. I think that was the very first time that I had heard Argyle live (long before Sparksy, Radio Devon et al) and my excitement and pride were tempered with so much nerves and tension (especially after we scored and were hanging on) that I was physically shaking. Little was I to know that the same feeling would happen time and time again in the future (and still does) whenever I listened to live Argyle commentary. "Squeaky bum time" was not a term back in 1984 - but that's exactly what it was!

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
I was living in Derby at the time (shudder!) and took a Rams fan with me - we were sat right behind and slightly above the goal we scored in so had a prefect view! The longest 90 minutes of football I think I've ever watched. Definitely a case of keeping schtum on the way out for reasons mentioned earlier in the thread but what a satisfying few days afterwards :)