Messageboard Home  | Fantasy Football  | Predictions  | Club Info  | About P@SOTI  | Privacy Policy  
Until the end of season:

The Home Park refurbishment will be completed in It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 998 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 77  Next
 Post subject: Re: Donald Trump
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:03 pm 

Andy_S wrote:
Martyn wrote:
In Trump,s strange speech last night, he cited cases, of immigrants, ‘savagely murdering American citizens in cold blood’, and about time Congress did it’s job, and stop this.

Blimey, how about he did his job, and sort out the archaic gun laws, where more Americans are murdered.

I watched that speech on the news this evening Martyn.

What strikes me and, to all intents and purposes, just about proves that he is insane, is the fact that he genuinely doesn't give a toss that thousands of people are effectively out of a job...because of his intransigence.

Pretty sure that the reporter gave the figure of 80% of 'Mercans don't give a stuff about the wall/fence. It's only him and his wild fantasies that wants it!

One strange cookie!

Totally agree Andy.

Also I recall, that during his campaign, he stated that he would make and ensure Mexico paid for the stupid wall.

He is insane, and worryingly he is regarded as the most powerful man in the world, and it has gone to his head.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:38 pm 

Throwing his toys out of the pram now.

He can be quoted on record as saying that he would be proud to close down the government and would not blame the Democrats. How can be be taken seriously?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:54 am 

Martyn wrote:
Andy_S wrote:
Martyn wrote:
In Trump,s strange speech last night, he cited cases, of immigrants, ‘savagely murdering American citizens in cold blood’, and about time Congress did it’s job, and stop this.

Blimey, how about he did his job, and sort out the archaic gun laws, where more Americans are murdered.

I watched that speech on the news this evening Martyn.

What strikes me and, to all intents and purposes, just about proves that he is insane, is the fact that he genuinely doesn't give a toss that thousands of people are effectively out of a job...because of his intransigence.

Pretty sure that the reporter gave the figure of 80% of 'Mercans don't give a stuff about the wall/fence. It's only him and his wild fantasies that wants it!

One strange cookie!

Totally agree Andy.

Also I recall, that during his campaign, he stated that he would make and ensure Mexico paid for the stupid wall.

He is insane, and worryingly he is regarded as the most powerful man in the world, and it has gone to his head.

US news media have dug up the relevant page from Trump's campaign website via the good old Wayback Machine internet archive, from which no-one can escape, to prove that (of course) it was a central campaign promise to compel Mexico to pay for the wall. Not only that; the plan was to make it happen within three days of his inauguration.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160409010 ... r-the-wall

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:43 pm 

There's a report on Buzzfeed that investigators have evidence that Trump directed Cohen to lie to Congress about Trump's Moscow Tower.
If Trump wanted his lawyer to lie about this what was he hiding.
I'm assuming that this evidence is not just Cohen's testimony, but something else which Cohen's testimony confirmed.

Check it out if you like; it'll give you a break from Brexit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:42 pm 

A lot of Cohen's telephone conversations were recorded. God knows what they will reveal.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:36 am 

Mueller has generally been highly adept at ensuring very little of his investigation gets out. Highly professional, both he and his team. He has allowed the media to speculate on “might” and “if” statements a lot, without so much as a nod or a wink, reporters are right or wrong.

So Buzzfeed release this report and Mueller’s office release a statement categorically condemning it as false. I think I will go with Mueller’s office, who have unsolicited access to all the information in totalus.

If Mueller, or his team, are saying in the public domain it is false then there isn’t even so much a tenuous link the Buzzfeed story is correct in any way.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:18 am 

Isondil wrote:
Mueller has generally been highly adept at ensuring very little of his investigation gets out. Highly professional, both he and his team. He has allowed the media to speculate on “might” and “if” statements a lot, without so much as a nod or a wink, reporters are right or wrong.

So Buzzfeed release this report and Mueller’s office release a statement categorically condemning it as false. I think I will go with Mueller’s office, who have unsolicited access to all the information in totalus.

If Mueller, or his team, are saying in the public domain it is false then there isn’t even so much a tenuous link the Buzzfeed story is correct in any way.

He comes the apologist for Trump

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:52 pm 

The Washington Post is hardly Trump friendly, but when they are reporting Mueller’s office over Buzzfeed, you kind of need to realise the Buzzfeed story is poppycock!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.wash ... story.html

If you cannot understand that Mueller’s office probably know a shed tonne more about what Cohen has said to Mueller compared with a reported with no access to Cohen or Mueller’s documents...perhaps you need to go outside and have a word with yourself!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:58 pm 

Isondil wrote:
The Washington Post is hardly Trump friendly, but when they are reporting Mueller’s office over Buzzfeed, you kind of need to realise the Buzzfeed story is poppycock!

If you cannot understand that Mueller’s office probably know a shed tonne more about what Cohen has said to Mueller compared with a reported with no access to Cohen or Mueller’s documents...perhaps you need to go outside and have a word with yourself!

I’m talking about you being an apologist for Trump.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:16 pm 

Martyn wrote:
Isondil wrote:

Martyn, is Trump another person you have a total, total, total dislike for?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:35 pm 

Greenrod wrote:
Martyn wrote:
Isondil wrote:

Martyn, is Trump another person you have a total, total, total dislike for?

Yes of course, I thought that was obvious, am I the only one ?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:45 pm 

No you're not the only one Martyn and I'd put money on it that we are not alone !

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:32 pm 

Mike E wrote:
No you're not the only one Martyn and I'd put money on it that we are not alone !

In view of my numerous posts on this matter, I think I need hardly weigh in with my agreement there!

I'm not going to try to claim that the BuzzFeed report is accurate, much as I'd love it to be; but, just so we're clear (or not!), the Mueller office statement “BuzzFeed’s description of specific statements to the special counsel’s office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen’s congressional testimony are not accurate” is decidedly equivocal (quite bizarrely so, under the circumstances) and is a million miles away from "categorically condemning it as false."

If it was a total crock, why didn't they just say that? The fact that they didn't, while still feeling the need to comment on it, is actually very bad news for Trump, I think - although he's far too thick and arrogant to realise that himself, of course. For instance, it could mean nothing more than that they know it's largely accurate but that it wasn't "two federal enforcement officers" (implying a leak from the Mueller team) who were responsible for providing the information. Or, simply, that they're really p1ssed off that the information has become public before they were ready to reveal it, thus potentially warning other persons of interest to destroy evidence or prepare lies, so are doing their best to minimise the impact of the BuzzFeed report while not actually flat-out lying about its contents because they can honestly say that there's something in it that is inaccurate - perhaps no more than a minor detail or two, but enough to allow them to put out that statement.

Just speculation, of course, but they certainly didn't stomp all over the story as they so easily could have done had it been completely false.

Anyway, innocent until proven guilty or not, and "he hasn't been charged with a single thing" or not, by now we all know (apologists aside) that Trump is GUILTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY of countless corrupt and criminal acts and would already have been indicted had he not been the sitting president. The only question now is whether he'll survive his four years in office. I pray, for the future of what's left of civilised society, that he won't.

Troubles is, I am acutely aware that if he does get turfed out as he so richly deserves, there could be something akin to a civil war in America. The safest option would probably be that he gets utterly annihilated in a primary or, perhaps more fun still, in the 2020 presidential election proper. Aside from the humiliation that such an event would cause this terrifying (and by now terrified) baby-man, once he was back to being a mere private citizen then a long-overdue torrent of criminal charges would swiftly rain down upon his bloated orange head - but what's the betting that he'd suddenly become "too ill to stand trial" and start appearing in public in a wheelchair?

The one person who's rubbing his hands together in glee about all the chaos caused by Trump (and Brexit) is, of course, Vladimir Putin. It must all be beyond his wildest dreams. Now, if he can just turn the screw on Trump a little bit more and get him to withdraw from NATO...

Last edited by MickyD on Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 998 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 77  Next