Blackpool FC. (Think We Got Problems) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Blackpool FC. (Think We Got Problems)

Apr 12, 2016
This club's well documented turbulent decline continues. Notice for yesterday's home game against ECFC they had a total crowd of 3,754. Given that City you would assume would have taken at least a few hundred that is dismal for a club that was averaging five figures only a couple of seasons ago. The club is in a right mess.

Apr 12, 2016
They have bags of money. Reputedly £38 million pound surplus still from parachute payments and their time in the PL so they can shell out a few bob when they need to. Also I believe Matt lives in the area so didn't need to move and that might also have played a part possibly.
The issue is the owners and the poisonous atmosphere between them and the fans who are largely boycotting the home games. There average attendance three years ago was 14,700, the following year 11,000 and last season 7,500. 3,754 for the first game of the season is not promising for them.

C

Cobi Budge.

Blackpool had 1372 for their home match against Bolton last night. Bolton brought 2261

Jun 8, 2014
Cobi Budge.":10yv7z5w said:
Blackpool had 1372 for their home match against Bolton last night. Bolton brought 2261

That is impressive. Why did Blackpool decide against counting the 900 or so extra fans?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Since I Was 33":2xw1zqif said:
Only 3,085 today but 600+ Argyle. Sad times for their supporters.

Have to agree with others. From the away end it looked a smaller crowd even than that 3085 figure. I heard the club are issuing free tickets to boost crowds. So would be interested to know how much they're losing financially from home games.

Sad to see, especially as Bloomfield Road is a very nice stadium now. Clearly as a result of the financial rewards of their day in the sun in the Premier.

Apr 12, 2016
Looking at this from afar I think it's likely to rumble on for some time. Doesn't look like the Oyston's are going to sell up anytime soon and in turn the bulk of the fans aren't going back until they do it would appear.