Australia drop out of World Cup bid | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Australia drop out of World Cup bid

Sep 2, 2008
Notice they have withdrawn their bid. :shock: Only 4 left in the pot now. Holland/Belgium, Spain/Portugal, Russia and the 3 Lions. Bet SRG is busy batting one out now..

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
USA are expected to withdraw and focus on 2022, so the article says.

So it seems as if the 2018 wc WILL be in Europe. England, Spain/Portgual, Russia or Holland/Belgium.

The 2022 tournament appears to be between the Americans, the Aussies, Japan, Quatar and South Korea (Mexico and Indonesia have dropped out altogether).

Bring on 2018 in England an 2022 Down Under I hope :grin:

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I thought that FIFA were not in favour of joint bids. If so then that would put Spain/Portugal and Holland/Belgium down the pecking order.

T

Tynan's Dad

Why are Spain/Portugal joint?

Portugal did a cracking job with Euro 2004 and I am sure Spain would be a great one on their own. I'd say joining forces would weaken their chances rather than strengthen them.

Holland/Belgium I can understand a little more. Wasn't Euro 2000 shared between them?

I have a feeling though Russia will be strongest bid.

Sep 2, 2008
Tynan's Dad":mj7h0v48 said:
Why are Spain/Portugal joint?

Portugal did a cracking job with Euro 2004 and I am sure Spain would be a great one on their own. I'd say joining forces would weaken their chances rather than strengthen them.

Holland/Belgium I can understand a little more. Wasn't Euro 2000 shared between them?

I have a feeling though Russia will be strongest bid.

Have to clean up their act if the allegations of bribing referees are true - no smoke without fire. I'm going for England.