Journalists mugged at gun point.. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Journalists mugged at gun point..

O

oggyale

On Radio-5-Live last night a report came in stating that some Journalists had been mugged at gun point near the Portugal training camp. They had £25,000 of gear taken,mostly cameras etc. :shock:

Nov 23, 2009
Madras
A mugging in South Africa?? :shock:

The only reason it made the news was because it was Journos that got robbed. Wasn't the first and definitely won't be the last.

May 20, 2006
WHERE EVER I AM
oggyale":2ajy1v6r said:
On Radio-5-Live last night a report came in stating that some Journalists had been mugged at gun point near the Portugal training camp. They had £25,000 of gear taken,mostly cameras etc. :shock:

Rough as old boots out there.

Aug 22, 2006
I'm actually staying/working in Joberg right next to one of the worst spots for crime in SA - Hillbrow. It took a lot of convincing/meetings/security briefings for us all to come round to the fact we were staying there. As it stands it's (touch wood) fairly secure so far, lots of police around, barbed wire fencing etc... and we get a police convey for when we need to get from our accomodation to work which is next to Soccer City.

Apr 15, 2008
London
MAZZA26":3ghg732f said:
I'm actually staying/working in Joberg right next to one of the worst spots for crime in SA - Hillbrow. It took a lot of convincing/meetings/security briefings for us all to come round to the fact we were staying there. As it stands it's (touch wood) fairly secure so far, lots of police around, barbed wire fencing etc... and we get a police convey for when we need to get from our accomodation to work which is next to Soccer City.

Crazy stuff. You must be terrified Mazza... since you're scared of a few chavs back in the UK ;)

Feb 29, 2008
Makes me larf, if we are considered for the wc no doubt our history of holliganism will be trawed up again, now SA has the contest I guess violence and security of fans is not an issue?

Aug 22, 2006
crownhillpilgrim":2phchfc3 said:
MAZZA26":2phchfc3 said:

Crazy stuff. You must be terrified Mazza... since you're scared of a few chavs back in the UK ;)

:lol:

Brown Pants!
I've grown up with so-called chavs, they are predictable, nothing much scary about them. Being scared is the unknown....
I tell you what, it would be interesting to see if the hooligans were let into South Africa, and then dropped off in Hillbrow... see how long they last.

In all seriousness argyeiggy violence and security of fans is the number 1 issue for the south african government. If something goes wrong it won't look good for them... also it will be interesting to see what sort of security measures are taken if USA qualify into the next round.

Feb 29, 2008
MAZZA26":3094tx8d said:
crownhillpilgrim":3094tx8d said:
MAZZA26":3094tx8d said:

:lol:

Brown Pants!
I've grown up with so-called chavs, they are predictable, nothing much scary about them. Being scared is the unknown....
I tell you what, it would be interesting to see if the hooligans were let into South Africa, and then dropped off in Hillbrow... see how long they last.

In all seriousness argyeiggy violence and security of fans is the number 1 issue for the south african government. If something goes wrong it won't look good for them... also it will be interesting to see what sort of security measures are taken if USA qualify into the next round.

Lets hope so.