Morecambe! | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Morecambe!

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
What another brilliant job Derek is doing! Again proving what great manager he is. Remember we were 7th in his first season in League 1. Just those last 8 games in his second season in League 1 cost us. Not looking forward to getting beat by Yann, Toums and co next season. Still I suppose people are still satisfied with the best salesman this club has ever had at the helm

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
If he gets promotion with Morecambe he should be manager of the season (all divisions). :clap:

Sep 2, 2008
Always rated him and was well pi**ed off when the chairman chose to support the player(s) and not him. In my mind, certain individuals in the team needed a kick up the arse and the chairman should have stood by his manager.

Imagine what may have happened to Man Utd if they had binned Fergie for chucking a boot at Beckham.

I find myself actually starting to question the chairman's decision making now. Gets rid of a very competent manager and replaces him with the complete opposite :think:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Done a truly brilliant job and I was a big fan of him while he was here... but let’s not even try to pretend his position was tenable at the end.

Really pleased to see him doing well though.

Bernie Bernbaum

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 29, 2015
IJN":3if03y06 said:
If he gets promotion with Morecambe he should be manager of the season (all divisions). :clap:

Totally agree. What he's done there is remarkable.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
He’s doing a brilliant job, but let’s not pretend that it wasn’t the right time to part ways.

Aug 5, 2016
Remember the almighty relegation battle they were mired in when he took over as well. Just keeping them out of the Conference last season was an achievement itself.

DA was a talented manager let down by his players.

Hopefully we are not witnessing another case of it now at Argyle.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
edmonds200":2xaad8wk said:
We never ever lost 6 - 0 at home - if it was time for Derek to go (it wssnt) then it is definitely time for the salesman to depart

No offence meant, but not tonight. I know you love DA, and he has done amazingly up there, but his own ego and love of himself is enough without you adding to it here.

If DA was still at Argyle, I wouldn’t be watching.

May 16, 2016
edmonds200":31vmppdw said:
What another brilliant job Derek is doing! Again proving what great manager he is. Remember we were 7th in his first season in League 1. Just those last 8 games in his second season in League 1 cost us. Not looking forward to getting beat by Yann, Toums and co next season. Still I suppose people are still satisfied with the best salesman this club has ever had at the helm

Nice one Del, great post but not the best moment to gloat about how well you're doing.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
A quite remarkable job he has done at little Morecambe with a paltry budget. Apart from the awful end to his second season in League 1 he has a fantastic managerial record and is still just 2 years older than Lowe. He lacked charisma and was the stereotypical dour Scotsman but fans want a winning team, nothing much more. Lowe can talk the talk but still has to convince us he can walk the walk.

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
The writing was on the wall for DA long before he was actually sacked IMO. That stems from a chat I had with Mr Hallett that January. I think the 2 had very differing views on football and life in general and it was never going to be a good fit. Its the same in any line of business that the 2 main people, in this case owner and manager need to be pretty united in their approach.

DA seems to work best with little budgets getting every last drop out of players in their last chance saloons. Be very interesting if ever got a sizeable budget at a club and to see how highly paid players react with his management style.

Anyway kudos to him to get where they are. Up against Bolton and Sarc next.

P

Paranoid Android

edmonds200":2jsykcz5 said:

Can I ask, are you related? I think it's shameful your opportunism, choosing the lowest moment of our season to stick the boot in and sell Project Adams yet again. I used to be an onlooker now I'm a poster. As far as I'm concerned your not a fan, because if you were you wouldn't be doing this, tonight.

As far as your point made, it's a matter of perception and it's contextual...the notion of 'greatness'. Derek took us up, he took us down. He did both with little humor, class or even football, most of the time. Backs to the wall, two banks of 4 deep lying, hitting teams on the break home and away, 2 or 3 shots on goal per game, hardly even winning by more than 1 goal? I would suggest from memory many of us were glad for the change.

Derek has proven he can manage teams to compete at national to league 2 level. He's also proven he can't sustain teams any higher than that and the record shows he cannot sustain a level with any team for more than 3 seasons. I don't think to compare what we had then, as a football club, to what we have now is something to boast about it. Personally.

You won't get another post or response from me.