Morecambe v Chelsea | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Morecambe v Chelsea

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
My paper has bags of editorial on this game today. It will be interesting to see if DA sets up his team ultra defensively as he did with Argyle when paying away to Liverpool in the FA Cup and forcing a replay at HP. Arguably this result was DA's biggest contribution to Argyle by generating the turnover through the gate.
Apparently Morecambe have a young Senegalese winger called Gomes, who was once on Athletico Madrid's books, but came to the UK to study engineering in Manchester. He was seen playing for his College's team after a tip-off/recommendation and was signed up by Morecambe. It will be interesting to see how this young chap performs on the big stage

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
You say that it was possibly Adams’ biggest contribution to Argyle. While I think you might be right, it was also Adams’ downfall. We got the result we wanted by shutting up shop, but Adams then applied these tactics in all matches. It was the right thing to do against Liverpool, but not in the league.

May 8, 2011
GreenThing":1trix3qb said:
You say that it was possibly Adams’ biggest contribution to Argyle. While I think you might be right, it was also Adams’ downfall. We got the result we wanted by shutting up shop, but Adams then applied these tactics in all matches. It was the right thing to do against Liverpool, but not in the league.

Did he really use those tactics in the league for the rest of the season, if he did at least we got promoted using them and even managed to score 3 against Exeter and 6 against Newport along the way all by shutting up shop apparently.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
HC Green":15sepx7c said:
GreenThing":15sepx7c said:

Did he really use those tactics in the league for the rest of the season, if he did at least we got promoted using them and even managed to score 3 against Exeter and 6 against Newport along the way all by shutting up shop apparently.

Maybe not every game, but seemed to be the preferred tactics to shut up shop and catch the opposition on the break. He seemed a lot more attack minded when he first arrived.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
HC Green":1hqjodqx said:
GreenThing":1hqjodqx said:

He certainly did it when we were in L1.

Yes there were a few high scoring games, but nearly every time we were leading in the 2nd half a defender came on for a striker and we ended up conceding a 1 goal lead.

You can't choose 2 games as a sample when there are dozens more when the shop was shut but the front door wasn't closed properly and the opposition got in.

May 8, 2011
Willis88":1bw3uq7o said:
HC Green":1bw3uq7o said:
GreenThing":1bw3uq7o said:

Yes there were a few high scoring games, but nearly every time we were leading in the 2nd half a defender came on for a striker and we ended up conceding a 1 goal lead.

You can't choose 2 games as a sample when there are dozens more when the shop was shut but the front door wasn't closed properly and the opposition got in.

It was said ‘all games’ I was simply pointing out that was patently not factually correct.

I realise some people are still attempting to rewrite history so I just like to fact check their fake news.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
HC Green":3uuak1yr said:
I realise some people are still attempting to rewrite history so I just like to fact check their fake news.

That’s a bit dramatic. There’s no fake news or re-writing of history going on, just opinions on a football forum.

When Adams arrived I thought it was great to see some attacking football, but Adams appeared to take up a defensive mindset after the tactics worked against Liverpool. I believe that the Liverpool result effected Derek’s mindset and led to his downfall.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
HC Green":n8fnkwun said:
Willis88":n8fnkwun said:
HC Green":n8fnkwun said:
GreenThing":n8fnkwun said:

It was said ‘all games’ I was simply pointing out that was patently not factually correct.

Better to rewrite history than continuing to live in an historical context.

Aug 5, 2016
GreenThing":1fah96c5 said:
HC Green":1fah96c5 said:

That’s a bit dramatic. There’s no fake news or re-writing of history going on, just opinions on a football forum.

When Adams arrived I thought it was great to see some attacking football, but Adams appeared to take up a defensive mindset after the tactics worked against Liverpool. I believe that the Liverpool result effected Derek’s mindset and led to his downfall.

We'd have stayed up but something happened behind the scenes in the final 5-10 games. Why the players didn't seem to care, I'll never know.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Chelsea win 4-0.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":2bkjpksv said:
GreenThing":2bkjpksv said:
HC Green":2bkjpksv said:

We'd have stayed up but something happened behind the scenes in the final 5-10 games. Why the players didn't seem to care, I'll never know.
Some people do, and maybe one day a book might come out.

Aug 5, 2016
Keepitgreen":3dmgrgsq said:
Knibbsworth":3dmgrgsq said:
GreenThing":3dmgrgsq said:
HC Green":3dmgrgsq said:

Some people do, and maybe one day a book might come out.

If people are afraid to mention it now when virtually everyone involved has moved on, they probably won’t in 5 or 10 years either.

D

Darren Stoneman

I was told it was due to a adored player sleeping with someone else’s wife?