Champions League | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Champions League

Sep 6, 2006
Barcelona were a disgrace last night. Spineless, gutless. Shows what happens when the lunatics(players) take over the asylum.

Hopefully Lyon will KO Man. City tonight. But if not could be a cracking semi final.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I only support one professional team (Argyle, of course) and have no allegiance to any team in EPL.
However, when only one English team is left in the competition, I will support them.
Why would we prefer a French or German team to win the Champions League?

Sep 6, 2006
davie nine":2tmtd4v8 said:
I only support one professional team (Argyle, of course) and have no allegiance to any team in EPL.
However, when only one English team is left in the competition, I will support them.
Why would we prefer a French or German team to win the Champions League?

You consider Man. City an English team?!!

Sep 6, 2006
davie nine":29b3wzss said:
Raheem Sterling, Kyle Walker, Phil Foden.
How many Brits have Lyon or Bayern Munich got?

3 players. Hardly an English team is it? Plus foreign manager and foreign owned.
I don't care anyway Davie. I hate the Premiership concept. The greed and arrogance of the clubs and fans, especially the Big 4 or 5.The domination by a small number of teams financed by immoral regimes. The damage until recently done to the international team with lack of opportunities for English players. The disdain for lower League clubs as we are seeing with the current pandemic.I will always support foreign club teams over that every time even if they are almost as bad.
Come on Lyon!

Lundan Cabbie

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
It is funny that there is distain on here for Premier League clubs who are seen as being greedy because they felt that it was right that they keep the majority of the money that they generate.

Go to the iFollow thread and there is a belief that it is correct that Argyle get the majority of the income from sales to the Green Army both home and away.

Are these both not the same principle?

Sep 6, 2006
Lundan Cabbie":3tjlgrjf said:
It is funny that there is distain on here for Premier League clubs who are seen as being greedy because they felt that it was right that they keep the majority of the money that they generate.

Go to the iFollow thread and there is a belief that it is correct that Argyle get the majority of the income from sales to the Green Army both home and away.

Not really like for like is it? Argyle hardly have the riches of this biggest clubs

Sep 6, 2006
davie nine":1t1hd08o said:
I canā€™t disagree with any of that, BG, apart from your last 2 sentences.

You agree with all that and still support the Prem club? :facepalm:
By the way the 3 English players you cite proves the point. How many French players are in the Lyon team. ? German players in the Bayern team?

Lundan Cabbie

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Balham_Green":3i6vpam5 said:
Lundan Cabbie":3i6vpam5 said:

Not really like for like is it? Argyle hardly have the riches of this biggest clubs

I did say the principle, not the value.

You'll all love the Premier League when Argyle get there. I wasn't keen before my lot got there and managed to stay there.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Balham_Green":2bgcbrk2 said:
davie nine":2bgcbrk2 said:

By the way the 3 English players you cite proves the point. How many French players are in the Lyon team. ? German players in the Bayern team?
Iā€™m not planning to analyse but I ā€˜googledā€™ the 2 squads and there are a lot of different national flags in both lists.
You must have really enjoyed Sterlingā€™s unbelievable miss at 1-2.

Sep 6, 2006
davie nine":265bi63p said:
Balham_Green":265bi63p said:
davie nine":265bi63p said:

Iā€™m not planning to analyse but I ā€˜googledā€™ the 2 squads and there are a lot of different national flags in both lists.
You must have really enjoyed Sterlingā€™s unbelievable miss at 1-2.

I did. :funny: Hopefully he doesn't do it for England. Well played Lyon. Money doesn't always guarantee success.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Pep blows it AGAIN. You can't blame VAR, the ref, bad luck, the players or Sterlings' comical miss. It was his over-thinking things and sending out his potentially brilliant attacking team with a weird selection, formation and tactics to neutralise the perceived threat posed by the seventh best team in France. :doh: When will he learn? Time and again in the big games he kaks himself and suffocates the life out of the wonderful side he created.

As a football fan I would have loved the chance to watch a fully un-shackled City go toe-to-toe with what looks like an awesome Bayern side. It could have been a classic. Really peed off with Pep. Just pick your best in-form players FFS and play them the way they play best. Is it that difficult?