• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Off topic - Crystal Palace/LC thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Some great reads here and something I can relate to seeing as I myself being an exile from my own club.

I have realised in the last few months that it is not just the football that I am missing but the travel too. (Over 10,000 miles this season before it suddenly stopped).

Plenty of people travel from Devon to football most Saturdays. By the time the train gets to Taunton there can be up to fifty going to various games depending where clubs are playing that day and always a friendly atmosphere.

I do fear for Green Army exiled members who mostly attend away games when Argyle reach the Premier League. I would never be able to get Premier League tickets for Palace away games without having a home season ticket, Gold Membership and my accumulation of loyalty points. An Away season ticket would be a possibility but that's a massive commitment. It would seem doubly unfair to watch the club climb to the promised land and then feel excluded.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Argyologist":1sb8ug1e said:
xmastree":1sb8ug1e said:
Argyologist":1sb8ug1e said:
I can see you’re a glass half empty sort of bloke.

Your measure for stature and size are clearly different to mine.

Taking 35k to Wembley
Taking 2 k away on a Tuesday night up north
Pulling 16-18k At home in League One and in Two
Having close to 10K at Home when we are in the bottom six of the Football League.
Playing competitive Football in the Championship

These are my metrics.

When did we last take 2k away on a Tuesday night? Sure it's happened, but how often in the last say 15 years?

When did we last have 17K at home in L1/L2? Again, how often?

Much prefer nearly 10K when we're doing badly as a persuasive stat, to 35K at Wembley. The latter just shows we have got a huge number of fairweather "plastics".

OK so maybe 1,200 rather than 2k (Salford a few months back) but the point is very few clubs from the Championship down are doing over 2-300 on a Tuesday night that far away.

New Years Day v Swindon? Very few clubs are pulling that in League Two?

But we still took 35k ?! Do you honestly think that the Premier League clubs are pulling 35k die hards every week or is there a fair mix of so called plastics mixed in as well?!

As a supporter of a small club myself I'd say no, Argyle are not a big club either.

In League Two we would be big for that division and that is where Argyle are. Or where they were this season to be more accurate.

As for taking 35,000 to Wembley, you must consider that many of those were 'borrowed' supporters. Of all the people I know who attended that play-off final, more than half of them actually support other clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.