Paul Stapleton takes over Tavistock AFC | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Paul Stapleton takes over Tavistock AFC

Oct 10, 2012
As the title says,

A great club who will probably have a little extra backing now to seriously challenge big money spenders Parkway.

Tavistock are a great club and highly advise many of you to pay a visit to Langsford Park next season.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Poor Tavvy.

How soon before they are looking for Japanese investors and former Premiership bigwigs?

Nov 18, 2011
Argylegames":2kxghueg said:
Poor Tavvy.

How soon before they are looking for Japanese investors and former Premiership bigwigs?

I for one am looking forward to Tavy hosting a game in the 2042 World Cup.

Aug 5, 2015
I wonder if they need a defensive coordinator and if Mr Stapleton might know someone who would fit the bill?

Jun 27, 2019
TinTin":2nqe52vw said:
My mate is a member of the Management Team there !!

I wish him all the luck in the world.

Memories run a little shallow.............................?

Memories run plenty deep enough when it comes to Paul Stapleton.

Jan 27, 2012
Stapleton was a good chairman for Argyle. His mistake was selling to the wrong people.

From what I understand, he was duped alongside the rest of us. Some say he walked away with a profit, I don't know if that's true. But even so, I don't think he anticipated what Todd and Gardner were really up to. Well spoken confidence trickers are not always easy to spot, especially when they come with knighthoods etc.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Gardner paid the last wage bill of nearly £500k knowing full well it would be lost in the void.

As usual your facts aren't that, just supposition on your part.

I do agree he's not as guilty as some say, he certainly didn't come away with any profit and suffered massive reputational damage.

He was simply distracted by the thought of the Yen.

The biggest loser without a doubt was Tony Wrathall who lost millions.

Jan 2, 2010
I don't hold any hard feelings. There goes someone who tried to do the 'right thing' for Argyle, but unfortunately our new sugar daddy was an artificial sweetener.

Jan 20, 2004
I don't blame Stapleton or any of them for the admin mess, as they all lost a lot of money. If the World Cup thing had come off we would have had a state of the art stadium as a platform for greater things. If anything not having a plan B was their downfall.

Roman Abramovich, that wink and the greedy snake pit of Fifa, as well as the pressure of trying to compete with the parachute funded wages of the Championship is what did for us.

However I can't forgive Stapleton for allowing Seip to go on loan to Blackpool, without a clause preventing him from playing against us, enabling him to score the only goal of the game that contributed to our relegation, and then to top it all, giving him the thumbs up instead of two fingers when he celebrates for all to see.