Return of the PL... | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Return of the PL...

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
So Sheffield United should be 1 up at Villa, the ball clearly crossed the line, but goal line technology didn’t detect it, how can goal line technology be wrong? And also, why, once it became clear that goal line tech had failed, did VAR not step in? Weird.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Cobi Budge":2uyavbtv said:
So Sheffield United should be 1 up at Villa, the ball clearly crossed the line, but goal line technology didn’t detect it, how can goal line technology be wrong? And also, why, once it became clear that goal line tech had failed, did VAR not step in? Weird.

Has to be 2 meters over. new regs?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Looking at it slowly, I believe that when the ball appears to be over the line inside the goal, the keeper has it pressed against the post. If that is so, GLT isn't going to register it as "completely over" the line but see it as dead level and therefore not a goal.

Just a theory.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Lundan Cabbie":2cz6hu99 said:
Looking at it slowly, I believe that when the ball appears to be over the line inside the goal, the keeper has it pressed against the post. If that is so, GLT isn't going to register it as "completely over" the line but see it as dead level and therefore not a goal.

Just a theory.

Then again....

https://twitter.com/Hawkeye_view/status ... 45569?s=19

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
By the end of the half-time period both sets of players, management and club officials must have known that a clear mistake had occurred. Given the timing of the incident, not long before the break, and the fact that nothing significant had happened in the game in the intervening period I was rather disappointed that Aston Villa didn’t gift Sheffield United a goal at the kick-off of the second half.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Adam_R":uqnzbhgn said:
That wasnt the biggest mistake of the night though... that goes to Arteta for bringing on David Luiz!

There is a rumour going around that Brighton are appealing the Luiz red card so he can play on Saturday

:greensmile: