'You're Supposed to be at Home' | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

'You're Supposed to be at Home'

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
or... 'Is that all you take away?'

Yes, I had my first taste of crowdless football last night (Napoli v Inter).

As I expected, it seemed like a training session or a game in the park to begin with. But I have to admit, as the game wore on, I noticed it less and less.

I also thought that a lot of free kicks were given for such innocuous challenges, the game has really gone soft. And why do TV companies feel the need to show replays of every single foul, it is so annoying. I guess these things have been around a while now, they just appeared more noticeable last night.

Overall though, it is just not the same without the singing and the passion from the stands. While I completely understand the need for closed doors, let's hope it doesn't go on for too long.

'We're not singing anymore!'

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
'You're probably not going home in a Devon & Cornwall ambulance (cos there aren't any available')

'You're supposed to be 2m apart'

'Does your social bubble know you're here?'

'In bed in the morning, you'll stay in bed in the morning'.

Give us a P!! What's that spell? Paracetemoll!!

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Half-time entertainment:

The 'famous book or film' fancy dress competition was won by the West Ham Supporter: The Man in the Irons Mask. :coat:

The reinvent a continental cheese to reflect current times and celebrate Dartmoor life competition:
was won by a Mr Tom Cobbley for his Mask our pony dish. :coat:

Half-time music was by The Masked Bands of the Royal Marines. :coat:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Shankster":2tlndobh said:
Bob Monkhouse will be turning in his grave

I wonder where that phrase came from?

I don't know.
My Great Grandfather was a keen woodworker, spent hours in his shed and had his own lathe and my Great Grandmother used to say that about him. :think:

Bob Monkhouse?? I am not worthy Shanks, I know my pla(i)ce. :nworthy:

Oct 16, 2016
Pogleswoody":286fg48l said:
Shankster":286fg48l said:
Bob Monkhouse will be turning in his grave

I wonder where that phrase came from?

I don't know.
My Great Grandfather was a keen woodworker, spent hours in his shed and had his own lathe and my Great Grandmother used to say that about him. :think:

Bob Monkhouse?? I am not worthy Shanks, I know my pla(i)ce. :nworthy:

It gets worse!

Comedy in these unprecedented times is the least we can ask for, take my wife for instance.......please