• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Peterborough FC

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
The recent EFL/League One situation threw up, on numerous occasions, in the written media, social media and the radio, that the big clubs of League One who wanted to carry on playing, and named Sunderland, Ipswich, Portsmouth ... and Peterborough.

So, someone please enlighten me - when did Posh become a "big" club ?

I've been to their ground several times and the largest crowd they ever had in Argyle games was 11,000 when about 5,000 Argyle fans went there in a promotion end of season (1975), all the other games ranged from about 4K to 7K.

Aug 5, 2016
It is their ability to command millions for their players, such as selling Jack Marriott for £5,000,000... while we sell the likes of Hourihane for £300,000.

Then times that by ten with the likes of Aaron McLean, George Boyd, Conor Washington, Lee Tomlin, Ryan Bennett, Britt Assombalonga, Marcus Maddison, Craig Mackail-Smith, Ivan Toney. Half of those came from non-league and had other jobs on the side, but have made Peterborough over £20m in player sales.

We had one of the best strikers in League One last season and sold him for £500k, one of the best young LBs in the country and sold him for £400k. Both are Championship level. You can bet if Peterborough had those players, both would have moved only if millions were discussed in the first phone call.

That is what sets them apart from other clubs on their attendances, their mentality. They live, breathe and act like they are a decent sized club who deserve to be treated and negotiated with like one. That alongside their obviously excellent scouting system.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Their location doesn’t harm them either - close to London, Birmingham, the East Midlands, not too distant from the north (Yorkshire and northeast in particular). In fact, it’s quite hard to think of a better located place in terms of proximity and travel time to most other key places in the country.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Dreamgreen":ijn5nzox said:
The recent EFL/League One situation threw up, on numerous occasions, in the written media, social media and the radio, that the big clubs of League One who wanted to carry on playing, and named Sunderland, Ipswich, Portsmouth ... and Peterborough.

So, someone please enlighten me - when did Posh become a "big" club ?

I've been to their ground several times and the largest crowd they ever had in Argyle games was 11,000 when about 5,000 Argyle fans went there in a promotion end of season (1975), all the other games ranged from about 4K to 7K.

5 000? :think:

Think that day the away attendance was larger than the home.