The demise of Flybe - what does it mean for Exeter City? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The demise of Flybe - what does it mean for Exeter City?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
The club’s sponsorship deal with Flybe is set to expire at the end of the 2020 season, and Exeter City Football Club declined to make any specific comment on what effect the collapse of Flybe would have when asked by the Local Democracy Reporting Service.

Flybe have sponsored them since 2003 and surely they would have continued next season. Could be tough times ahead for the club. They'll have to sell on some more wee nuggets.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Surely they'd get a new sponsor.

Maybe a dog walking business can chip in a couple of quid, relieve the one man of his charge while he's at the game.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Flybe going under, whilst very disappointing for their staff, customers and Exeter airport, can't come as a complete surprise.

I am sure they will find another sponsor.

Pennon PLC are a big Exeter company I believe, and having a waste management company on their shirt would be so appropriate.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
AdelaideGreen":xopj7omx said:
Rugby Football (rather than football), but Exeter Chiefs turn away ex-Flybe staff from their home game at Shandy Park.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-england-devon-51784075

Pretty poor form.
"Poor form"? ... Bloody disgraceful is more like it. When it was on the local news I naively imagined it was just some jobs-worth on the turnstile not knowing what to do and fully expected a press release apologising. But then the Chiefs' utter kn0b of a Chairman (Tony Rowe) has now come out with this absolutely breath-taking bit of anti-PR saying they are "not a charity" :facepalm: and it's now making national news.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-51803164

A golden opportunity to get a bit of good (and very cheap) PR for the club and he's turned it into the exact opposite. What a complete @rse. :furious: I don't follow rugby but from now on I'm a 100% AB(F)C fan ......Anyone But F***ing Chiefs

I was absolutely incensed by the Chiefs’ ‘we’re not a charity’ debacle and have written personally to Chairman Mr Rowe to tell him so. His BBC picture suggests he is the epitome of the commercial sports fat-cat.

I went to school in Exeter and was taught by a former Exeter Rugby Club number 8 and one of the Chiefs’ current four trustees. They were good men and I can’t believe they would have approved of the Chiefs’ actions last week. I never have particularly liked rugby, and no longer live in Exeter, but I am still a Devonian and feel that the Chiefs sent out a terrible and inaccurate message last week about Devonian hospitality that has now been broadcast around the world.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Never liked rugger nor rugger types, that Tony Rowe sounded like a complete and utter cod piece tonight.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
All Flybe staff have now been offered free admission to watch the Exeter Braves, the club's second team, in a match next month "as a small gesture".

I hope they tell them to poke them where the sun doesn't shine.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Keepitgreen":b9ihxni8 said:
All Flybe staff have now been offered free admission to watch the Exeter Braves, the club's second team, in a match next month "as a small gesture".

I hope they tell them to poke them where the sun doesn't shine.

As gestures go that is as small as they come!!

What a lovely man he is!! :doh: