FA Cup | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

FA Cup

Dec 3, 2005
Most, if not every other competition in the world, have set rules, that EVERYONE abides with.

Why is the FA Cup different? Why do we have VAR in some games, when the majority do not have it?
The competition should be played on a level playing field.

Some teams were eliminated because they didn't have VAR and some were eliminated because there was VAR.

IMHO if one game is unable to use VAR then NONE of the games should use it.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
I never understand this, there was a real push by the FA historically to make sure the game was roughly the same from the PL down to the grass roots.

Things like VAR and goal line tech has scuppered that up, surely they need to set a standard for the competition, you don't get PL games some with VAR and some without, or championship games some with goal line tech and some without.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Willis88":2jdmgx0n said:
you don't get PL games some with VAR and some without, or championship games some with goal line tech and some without.
There has been! Don't know if it's still the case, but in the first couple of seasons of goal line technology in the Championship there were a handful of clubs whose floodlights weren't bright enough for it to work properly in midweek games so it wasn't used for them.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
It does seem like an odd call to have it in only some games but I guess it is a logistical issue. That being said they should have not used it until the fourth or fifth rounds when every game could have had it available.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Any particular competition should ensure that all games played are with the same on-pitch facilities. If Chichester City don't have VAR then all games up to and including the final should not have VAR.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Argylegames":k711i3e1 said:
Any particular competition should ensure that all games played are with the same on-pitch facilities. If Chichester City don't have VAR then all games up to and including the final should not have VAR.

I understand the sentiments in that but the FA Cup starts in August at locations where facilities and resources are worlds apart from Wembley Stadium where the eventual final will be staged. Are 4G pitches fair to all clubs? Should games in early rounds be allowed to go ahead without a fourth official? Should clubs be allowed to water pitches in rounds when non League clubs didn’t have those facilities in qualifying rounds?

However I do believe it should be a level playing field for every team in each round.

Dec 3, 2005
i received a reply from the FA and they glide over the subject like it doesent exist - shocked.

They do say that ALL games from the quarter finals onwards WILL have VAR!

Not sure how they will do that if an outsider Club reach the quarter finals.

It all seems to be set up for the premiership clubs, as usual.

I think the 'lower' Clubs are just an irritation.