Craig Tanner | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Craig Tanner

Jul 24, 2016
Apologies if posted elsewhere.

Having left Motherwell I see he’s now turned up at Aldershot until end of the season.

Surprised by this as I thought he might have ended up at another Scottish club or league 2 club

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I would have said the same if it hadn't been for his serious knee injury which was twice operated on. Might not be the same player after that. He should have accepted the short contract Motherwell offered him in the hope he could prove himself. Unless he didn't want to stay in Scotland of course.

Jun 30, 2012
Keepitgreen":2ef6vlhz said:
I would have said the same if it hadn't been for his serious knee injury which was twice operated on. Might not be the same player after that. He should have accepted the short contract Motherwell offered him in the hope he could prove himself. Unless he didn't want to stay in Scotland of course.

Will never be public knowledge what he was offered financially or their intentions on playing time.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Matt Neil.":19zj34xg said:
Keepitgreen":19zj34xg said:

Will never be public knowledge what he was offered financially or their intentions on playing time.
Hopefully he can do enough at Aldershot to prove himself and get back in the league.

Jun 12, 2006
Saddo that I am I do follow players I admire like Criag Tanner on Instagram and he has just posted that he is "back on the green green grass" after 22 months of both physical and mental set backs.

I also notice every time he posts on Instagram he always gets some Janner come on to try to tempt him back.

I do think he would do really well in Mr Lowe's squad but too much a risk methinks at this stage. That said a "returning" player nearly always has a honeymoon period and I for one would love to get the "Tanner Tanner" chants going again. I could even get Mr Newell going if I can tempt him away from his Prosecco! Did anyone ever work out what really happened at Luton which I think was Tanner's last game? Scored the wrong sort of goal? Hit a performance target? Looked at Adams in the wrong sort of way? Never managed to work that one out.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I don't drink Mr Gadd :greensmile: But I do wonder if Oscar and Craig still played for us whether either would have suffered mental health issues.

Sounds strange but they were the very best of pals down here, and then it seemed to nosedive when they went their separate ways.

Sometimes we forget that there are very young lads.

May 8, 2011
IJN":3dwfp9qu said:
I don't drink Mr Gadd :greensmile: But I do wonder if Oscar and Craig still played for us whether either would have suffered mental health issues.

Sounds strange but they were the very best of pals down here, and then it seemed to nosedive when they went their separate ways.

Sometimes we forget that there are very young lads.

Perhaps the reason Tanner has signed for Aldershot is that it is close to home and family support.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Played the full 90 minutes on his home debut today and scored in a 2-1 win.