Bulgaria v England | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Bulgaria v England

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Full credit to every single England player tonight, in particular those black members of the team, they’ve all shown remarkable levels of concentration & professionalism in a pretty sickening environment, they’ve done us proud in more ways than one.

Talking about the game itself, a controlled performance, in those moments when we stepped up a gear Bulgaria couldn’t handle us at all. I thought Tyrone Mings had a strong, deserved debut and I’d like to him continue as a starter.

Sep 25, 2010
Cobi Budge":pheylwme said:
Full credit to every single England player tonight, in particular those black members of the team, they’ve all shown remarkable levels of concentration & professionalism in a pretty sickening environment, they’ve done us proud in more ways than one.

Talking about the game itself, a controlled performance, in those moments when we stepped up a gear Bulgaria couldn’t handle us at all. I thought Tyrone Mings had a strong, deserved debut and I’d like to him continue as a starter.

Good post, Cobi, summed up everything.

The only way, may be to solve this disease, especially at club level is to make very hefty fines, and then to deduct points, especially at club level.

Then Clubs may sort out their racist fans, at every level.

Clubs will find the money, but will be furious about points deduction.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Martyn":3uw7unoo said:
Cobi Budge":3uw7unoo said:

Good post, Cobi, summed up everything.

The only way, may be to solve this disease, especially at club level is to make very hefty fines, and then to deduct points, especially at club level.

Then Clubs may sort out their racist fans, at every level.

Clubs will find the money, but will be furious about points deduction.

Looked like an organised 'political' racist event to me. Very little to do with football, doubt that those who left at half-time are regular Bulgarian League watchers.
T'was obvious who they were, where they were. Police must have known. What did they do? Let them do their fascist salutes and then walk out free (still making those signs!).
And as for the idiot before the game (who was he?) saying Bulgaria doesn't have a problem but the UK does? Numpty!! :furious:

Aug 5, 2015
I fully expect UEFA to fine England for allowing their fans to boo the Bulgarian national anthem and then tell Bulgaria not to be such naughty boys in the future. I expect FIFA to award a World Cup to Bulgaria at some future point. Let’s face it both organisations are anti England not anti racist.

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
On a vaguely Argyle-related slant I genuinely wonder what Graham Carey's take is on all this. His path must cross professionally with some of the guys who played for Bulgaria last night. I imagine it would be difficult for him when he reads that the national team manager didn't actually hear anything untoward (his hearing must be as bad as Arsene Wenger's eyesight!) and the reported comments from the Bulgarian keeper, as follows :

Bulgaria’s goalkeeper Plamen Iliev believes their fans ‘behaved well’ in Sofia on Monday, despite the game being halted twice in the first half due to racist chants from the home fans.
Speaking to reporters after the game, Iliev praised Bulgaria’s fans and said that England’s complaints were an overreaction.
“If I am honest, I believe they [the fans] behaved well today,” Iliev said. “There wasn’t any abuse [as far as I could hear] and I think they [the England players] overreacted a bit. The public was on a good level – I didn’t hear any bad language used towards their or our players.”

If the first step to solving a problem is to admit its existence then the Bulgarian football authorities have one helluva journey in front of them...

Aug 5, 2015
I totally agree but at least we know and recognise we have a problem. Can the same be said about Bulgaria or Italy?

Sep 13, 2003
The Doctor":1ssig537 said:
I think this article by Marine Hyde in The Guardian is worth a read:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ling-sofia

(as many of her articles are)

In my opinion, unless and until we are able to fully and successfully confront our own problems then it is unlikely that we will be able to do all that much to help others to confront theirs.

Oh Marina Hyde. The journo who was sacked by the Sun. Sums it up really.
Wonder how many England matches (or any matches for that matter) she has actually attended?