The crisis at Bury | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The crisis at Bury

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Another revelation about the Bury situation.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... mbargo-efl

What a mess. Not clear how many non-playing staff received termination of employment notices yesterday. I can't see how this is going to be resolved in time for 3rd August when the League starts. Can the Shakers even field a team? If not, they will presumably face some punishment.

As the EFL seem to have allowed Dale to take over without their usual scrutiny they have hardly covered themselves in glory either. Sad times.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Bury competed in the League and got promoted, they must have assisted in the relegation out of the EFL of other clubs and prevented another club (with debts?) from being promoted.
The EFL watched all this go on and now, 7 months later, are taking action? :shock:
If Bury had been financially sound would any investigation of Mr Dale's suitability ever have been done? :think:
Astonishing, it really is.

According to the Guardian, EFL are meeting today to decide on possible expulsion. Two reasons, still no response on finances from owner, and doubts over ground safety standards for start of season.
Anyone know what happens when a club Is expelled before the league starts? I mean in terms of promotion/relegation consequences.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
mervyn":33efzuea said:
According to the Guardian, EFL are meeting today to decide on possible expulsion. Two reasons, still no response on finances from owner, and doubts over ground safety standards for start of season.
Anyone know what happens when a club Is expelled before the league starts? I mean in terms of promotion/relegation consequences.

I'm not an expert but I think someone shared something months ago that said L1 would just have 23 teams for the season at the end 1 more promoted from L2 with 1 more from National league to balance it up

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I felt weeks ago that Bury are doomed. Today's EFL meeting just strengthens my opinion:

The statement read: “The EFL board met today in respect of the ongoing matters at Bury FC where it determined that if the league is not in receipt of the previously requested information by 12pm on Monday, July 29, then the club’s opening day fixture with MK Dons will be suspended.”

Not looking good at all.

Bury Times

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Really sad news.

I think it's a disgrace how little media focus there has been on this story. Every day there is something about Bale's next transfer or Pogba or other Premier League coverage..

Even living in the NW, .it is usually just covered in the sport round-up. :mad:

Soon I fear there will be nothing to cover as Bury FC will be gone unless there is a dramatic late twist by Monday.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Bury's deadline extended to 5pm today, which also includes Bolton.

To give both Clubs the maximum opportunity to comply with the request, a deadline of 5pm on Monday 29 July has been set for them to provide the EFL with the necessary evidence. The 5pm cut-off point replaces the noon deadline issued to Bury, which was confirmed on Friday evening.

If the information is not received, the EFL Board is likely to suspend the opening day fixtures against Wycombe Wanderers (Bolton Wanderers) and MK Dons (Bury) under the provision of EFL Regulation 28.2.

EFLStatement

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Keepitgreen":2feg7rc4 said:

To give both Clubs the maximum opportunity to comply with the request, a deadline of 5pm on Monday 29 July has been set for them to provide the EFL with the necessary evidence. The 5pm cut-off point replaces the noon deadline issued to Bury, which was confirmed on Friday evening.

If the information is not received, the EFL Board is likely to suspend the opening day fixtures against Wycombe Wanderers (Bolton Wanderers) and Milton Keynes (Bury) under the provision of EFL Regulation 28.2.

EFLStatement

Players (who I do not blame) being offered £1m per week to stay at their present club and/or move to China? China FFS!!
The 'beautiful' game is in need of major reconstructive surgery!
About time the EFL did more to stop these historic clubs from failing into the hands of such people!! :facepalm:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Pogleswoody":2tp7m3rx said:
Keepitgreen":2tp7m3rx said:

If the information is not received, the EFL Board is likely to suspend the opening day fixtures against Wycombe Wanderers (Bolton Wanderers) and Milton Keynes (Bury) under the provision of EFL Regulation 28.2.

EFLStatement

Players (who I do not blame) being offered £1m per week to stay at their present club and/or move to China? China FFS!!
The 'beautiful' game is in need of major reconstructive surgery!
About time the EFL did more to stop these historic clubs from failing into the hands of such people!! :facepalm:

The problem is, the EFL don't know they are "such people" until it is too late.