FA Cup Final Day | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

FA Cup Final Day

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
It just doesn't have the same feel as it once did.

So which side of the fence are you sitting? A bit of Oasis or some Elton?

For me, City. They can be a joy to watch.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I enjoyed watch Elton cry when Watford lost last time. This time I'm a bit meh. Don't really want to see MC win even more, but still don't like Watford.

Edit to add:
I'm even more meh that is isn't on at the proper time of 3pm. No tradition left in football it seems, TV money dominates all decision making.

Mar 23, 2019
Would do anything for Argyle to win the FA Cup.... It's what footballs all about, winning trophies... I just can't believe teams don't take it seriously....

What will prem fans remember? Finishing 12th or Winning a Cup and playing in Europe? An absolute no brainer.

No magic lost here.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Stopped watching it now.
What with Jermaine Jenas's sycophantic approach to City :sick:
Then their fans do the Poznan, wtf! since when has turning your back and not watching the game been a good idea! It was originally a protest (I'm here but not watching) not a celebration at a Cup Final FFS!! :facepalm:
I hope we never get to the Prem tbh. Long way from reality that lot.

Apr 8, 2013
Watching this makes me think what a sad day for English football and football in general this is the fa cup final Not some kick around in the street.

There needs to be a salary cap because the team with the most money is going to win everything.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
WestPark Green":25dhltqn said:
Watching this makes me think what a sad day for English football and football in general this is the fa cup final Not some kick around in the street.

There needs to be a salary cap because the team with the most money is going to win everything.

Surely something has to give soon? I saw the other day that Gareth Bale was unlikely to return to Spurs as they couldn't match his £600k a week earnings.
£600k a week!! Think about that and wonder about the working class man's game I started watching at HP in the 60s when the players were often on the same bus going to the match.
OK I sound like an old frat but it is obscene .... isn't it? :think:

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
We will be successful when we are backed by a nation with almost limitless funds, a regime that rides roughshod over FFP (already a £49 million fine in 2014), a possible Champions League ban for next season - no thank you, not at any price.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
WestPark Green":zyczlv1p said:

The teams with the most money have nearly always won everything anyway.

Apr 15, 2008
London
Lundan Cabbie":3rkfrjlj said:
WestPark Green":3rkfrjlj said:

Yup. Football is a global sport. How would you introduce a global salary cap?

Enjoyed watching Man City today - great football. I'd rather that level of football was in the FA Cup rather than the Spanish or Italian cups.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
The players on MC’s bench cost £235m... that’s absolutely insane and, quite frankly, obscene.

I’m not sure why all the pundits, commentators etc were expressing what an achievement it was for MC to do the treble and to be so good. Any team in the country would be that good with the amount of money that has been spent there (at least it ought to be).

Super horns

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 26, 2008
Our record against the top 6 is awful but we tend to give them a game (Liverpool apart)

In the league we lost 2-1 and 3-1 to Man City so not hammered like today.

Today was disappointing - firstly we missed a great chance to make it 1-0 then we just seemed to sit off Man City and let them play/score 2 goals.

Started the 2nd half in a more positive fashion but their subs just sum up the City quality,power etc.

Maybe we gave up a bit at 3/4-0 too...

Apr 8, 2013
crownhillpilgrim":3oaggxur said:
Lundan Cabbie":3oaggxur said:
WestPark Green":3oaggxur said:

Yup. Football is a global sport. How would you introduce a global salary cap?

Enjoyed watching Man City today - great football. I'd rather that level of football was in the FA Cup rather than the Spanish or Italian cups.

But this was the final of the fa cup the best cup competition in the world and it was so boring to watch.

They need to do something so it is more of a even playing field or just let the big clubs in Europe play in there own league.

Aug 14, 2014
Attended my second FA final the last in 1969--things have certainly changed. However the atmosphere, colours, dress and vocal support from Watford supporters was tremendous. The support given to the team when 5&6 nill down was admirable. No romance in The F A Cup today, City totally outclassed Watford with slick precision football, though Watford had a great chance to score first.

During the half time interval trophies were presented to the winners of the FA People's Cup various classifications. Plymouth Warriors, a ladies team were among the winners, anyone able to elaborate?

The FA and The Government must find a way to redistribute the wealth of The Premier League to grass roots and lower league football. Players' wages, agents' fees and TV payments are becoming obscene.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Southampton Hake":2ijjlmzj said:
Attended my second FA final the last in 1969--things have certainly changed. However the atmosphere, colours, dress and vocal support from Watford supporters was tremendous. The support given to the team when 5&6 nill down was admirable. No romance in The F A Cup today, City totally outclassed Watford with slick precision football, though Watford had a great chance to score first.

During the half time interval trophies were presented to the winners of the FA People's Cup various classifications. Plymouth Warriors, a ladies team were among the winners, anyone able to elaborate?

The FA and The Government must find a way to redistribute the wealth of The Premier League to grass roots and lower league football. Players' wages, agents' fees and TV payments are becoming obscene.

Do you really think that is a possibility? How about Sainsbury's and Tesco having their wealth redistributed to local independent retailers? The Premier League has a product that sells all around the world and as much as it might look similar to lower league football, it clearly is not.