✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Sadly passed away at 81 years old. RIP

Jan 29, 2010
Think he played for Stoke at HP in the 70s, pretty certain it was The Watney Cup. RIP

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I can’t remember seeing him v Argyle.

That doesn’t mean he didn’t though. But I would have thought it would have been a big thing though.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Pete H":2amaezog said:
Think he played for Stoke at HP in the 70s, pretty certain it was The Watney Cup. RIP

That was the season after he lost his eye in an accident, so don't think he played.
RIP Gordon, big hero and inspiration of mine from my youth.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
RIP Gordon
I did see him play in that league cup semi final at HP, I think he was also the keeper in the FA league representative team that played at HP after England won the World Cup in 1966.

I will always remember the fantastic save he made when playing against Brazil in the 1970 World Cup.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I always had my own thoughts about the food poisoning he suffered which put him out of the quarter final against Germany in the 1970 World Cup in Mexico. I felt it strange that nobody else in the squad suffered the same problem with eating in the same hotel. Bonetti of Chelsea stood him for him and did not cover himself with the same level of glory. I accept that Alf Ramsey substituting Bobby Charlton when England were winning did not help.