Wilfried Zaha gets the season's most amusing red card | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Wilfried Zaha gets the season's most amusing red card

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
The second yellow was a bit harsh because you don't normally double book somebody at the same time. But then again he could've been red carded for the 1st booking.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
r4h4al":bgc86ilh said:
The second yellow was a bit harsh because you don't normally double book somebody at the same time. But then again he could've been red carded for the 1st booking.

Or the ref could have given him a free kick and not booked anyone at all? :think:

(Before you post .. I'm not defending Zaha's behaviour!!)

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
r4h4al":2waicok8 said:

Serves himself right. He has had it coming a long while and needs to improve his attitude. Yes he gets fouled a lot but then so do many others.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Lundan Cabbie":2z4slk9t said:
r4h4al":2z4slk9t said:

Serves himself right. He has had it coming a long while and needs to improve his attitude. Yes he gets fouled a lot but then so do many others.

So ... he was fouled Lundan? Can't see how you can think that, the ref gave a throw!! :whistle:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Pogleswoody":9kco3egn said:
Lundan Cabbie":9kco3egn said:
r4h4al":9kco3egn said:

So ... he was fouled Lundan? Can't see how you can think that, the ref gave a throw!! :whistle:

I don't mean just this incident. He is one of the most fouled players in the Prem but a referee cannot see everything. I hate it when he gives that incredulous look when he doesn't get the free kick he thinks he is due. Throwing toys out of the pram is just embarrassing.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
As much as I think Andre Marriner was right concerning Zaha, there needs to be consistency. Ashley Barnes yesterday was booked for simulation but didn't receive a second yellow for the most open and ferocious display of dissent that you will see all season.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Lundan Cabbie":u1us98ke said:
As much as I think Andre Marriner was right concerning Zaha, there needs to be consistency. Ashley Barnes yesterday was booked for simulation but didn't receive a second yellow for the most open and ferocious display of dissent that you will see all season.
Exactly.

Super horns

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 26, 2008
Quite true there - that is the trouble with officials at times.

No consistency - and it wasn't a dive by Barnes in the first place!

As for Zaha - well if he didn't moan and throw his arms around so much he might get more sympathy from refs and other fans!

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
WFC4EVER":2449i0b1 said:
Quite true there - that is the trouble with officials at times.

No consistency - and it wasn't a dive by Barnes in the first place!

As for Zaha - well if he didn't moan and throw his arms around so much he might get more sympathy from refs and other fans!

And Palace fans too. He can be embarrassing at times.

Super horns

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 26, 2008
Notice Zaha is appealing the 2nd of his 2 match ban which slowed him to play yesterday and score a vital equaliser.

Next week they have a cup game he might have not been picked for so maybe a bit of gamesmanship going on as well?

Presume the appeal is this week..

Speaking of dissent Kurt Zouma got sent off after our game yesterday for 2 bookings - ran 50 yards to berate the officials for a decision made in the 65th minute which in part lead to our winner.

Yes they were a bit unlucky then but still had 25 minutes to find an equaliser.