Emiliano Sala (Cardiff) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Emiliano Sala (Cardiff)

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
The respectable French news agency AFP have reported that he was on board.

https://www.afp.com/fr/infos/335/lattaq ... oc-1ch4rp6

"A private plane which left Nantes for Cardiff yesterday has disappeared around 20 kilometres north of Guernsey with the Italian-Argentinian striker Emiliano Sala on board, the police have learned.

"The search for the aeroplane and its two occupants was suspended last night but recommenced on Tuesday morning, according to Guernsey police. Sala had just been transferred from Nantes to Cardiff City".

Dec 3, 2005
Hope they find both safe and well - but if they have ditched in the sea the outcome after this time is not good.

Thoughts with both families, Nantes and Cardiff City.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Wow that's mental! Bad enough to be chasing it so soon, even worse to air it in public.

Bet his family must be wondering what the clubs think are really important, players or money

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
The-Pilgrim":1wlq00cb said:
Especially as they can't do much with the money till June when the transfer window opens again!

Nantes brought in three loanees after Sala moved to Cardiff. It could be that they need that money to pay loan fees.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Lundan Cabbie":3dl1m6z7 said:
The-Pilgrim":3dl1m6z7 said:
Especially as they can't do much with the money till June when the transfer window opens again!

Nantes brought in three loanees after Sala moved to Cardiff. It could be that they need that money to pay loan fees.

Ah ok, didn't realise!

Oct 4, 2017
Poor from Cardiff to put Nantes in that position imo. However, I cannot see the need for it to be made public. BBC reported it as Nantes 'demanded' it but nothing I've read suggests ultimatums or legal action. Ridiculous really

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
The body found still in the aircraft has now been named as Sala and removed to Portland where it has been formally identified.

A Coroner's Post Mortem is to take place in the coming days.

Apparently, there is no sign whatsoever of the pilot.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
TonbridgeGreen":1qw8s7kc said:
Poor from Cardiff to put Nantes in that position imo. However, I cannot see the need for it to be made public. BBC reported it as Nantes 'demanded' it but nothing I've read suggests ultimatums or legal action. Ridiculous really

The most unfortunate accident does raise a lot of legal issues and I expect Cardiff City's management are leaning on their own legal advisors before taking precipitate action. It is a fraught situation, but the transfer contract, if signed and sealed correctly, does form Nantes' position.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
From what I heard on the radio today (and might be my misinterpretation) Cardiff's position is that all of the paperwork may not had been complete prior to the accident thus their standing being the transfer hadn't been completed so they're not liable for the fee.

Personally I think this is one of these times where the world of football should come together and some body like FIFA/UEFA/FA pay the fees to Nantes.