Zak Vyner | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Zak Vyner

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
On a season-long loan with Rotherham United. Felt more than a bit sorry for the lad after watching MOTD2 last night and seeing him turned inside out (and back again) by a terrifying Man City attack. I didn't realise he was now playing at right back rather than the CB position he adopted with us.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Maybe we’ll have a chance of getting him back next season when Rotherham get relegated..

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
#rufc boss Paul Warne describes booing of Zak Vyner when full-back came off as “disgusting”.

Sad to see their fans really don't rate him.

Would give anything to have him back with us.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Cobi Budge":td1e1v9n said:
#rufc boss Paul Warne describes booing of Zak Vyner when full-back came off as “disgusting”.

Thought about Zak yesterday as I watched Joe Bryan against Spurs. For both, the elevation from last season seems just a step too far. However, in Zak's case I wonder if he is better as the second of a two central defenders or as a sweeper in a three, rather than in the more exposed position of full back?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
memory man":256i2mp9 said:
Cobi Budge":256i2mp9 said:

Thought about Zak yesterday as I watched Joe Bryan against Spurs. For both, the elevation from last season seems just a step too far. However, in Zak's case I wonder if he is better as the second of a two central defenders or as a sweeper in a three, rather than in the more exposed position of full back?

I felt for Joe Bryan yesterday as I thought he had handled Trippier well on that right flank of Spurs. The co-commentator was critical of his positioning when Winks scored the winning goal but JB is not the biggest of guys to handle crosses in the goal box. JB's strength is getting forward and putting in telling accurate crosses as he showed whilst on loan at Argyle. I know Ranieri has worked last week to tighten up Fulham's defence since they ship goals big time. As a result, I thought Bryan was tactically held back and did not get a chance to show his crossing strength.

I cannot really speak for Vyner's sttatus at Rotherham. He was good as a second CB at Argyle last season, but I am reminded of the saying 'form is temporary but class is permanent'. I would like to think that ZV could really show the latter and his true worth at another club, preferably Argyle. Edwards and Canavan have performed better together of recent games but do we have adequate cover in the event of both being injured?