Joe Mason (14 Feb - not coming) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Joe Mason (14 Feb - not coming)

Oct 14, 2015
If he canā€™t get in Portsmouth then no chance of playing for Wolves. Is he what we need if implying going for him??

May 3, 2017
As much as I think heā€™ll improve the team I canā€™t see it happening. Defence is our priority anyway and wages would be an issue even it was a loan signing,

C

Cult Of Personality

Not a big enough striker for Adams style of play and to be honest striker is not what we are missing atm

Nov 18, 2011
Joe's been released by Wolves and is now a free agent. I'd love him to return but like others, I can't see how he'd fit into an Adams side.

Aug 17, 2005
Have him down here training to keep his fitness and.see how he fits in. I don't think he can play for anyone under the two club rule as he was released from both u s club and pompey

Oct 24, 2013
signalspast":2c9xghq5 said:
Have him down here training to keep his fitness and.see how he fits in. I don't think he can play for anyone under the two club rule as he was released from both u s club and pompey

I donā€™t think the two club rule would apply, something todo with overlapping seasons.

Jun 24, 2008
He would be a serious talent for clubs in lower championship, league one and two to get on a free. There will be a huge list of clubs interested I would've thought. For how long though once they find out his general wage demands?

Hopefully Argyle feel the need to enquire as I think he would bring a similar spark that of Lloyd Jones. A young plymouth lad coming back to fight for the Green & White of Argyle.

Aug 17, 2005
well there are no reports of him signing for anybody and with all the talk of us losing ruben maybe it would give him a chance to maintain fitness by training with us, and we can see what he still has about him.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Joe Totale":fkcobe53 said:
Joe's been released by Wolves and is now a free agent. I'd love him to return but like others, I can't see how he'd fit into an Adams side.

We were missing a player of his type in the 2nd half yesterday. There were a number of decent balls drilled dangerously across the 6 yard box and no- one ready to pounce.

If weā€™re to play two up front, Iā€™d prefer a Mason-type alongside one of the target types. Theyā€™d complement each other well and weā€™d be less one-dimensional than we were throughout the first half at both Peterborough and Wycombe.

A useful option - not sure how weā€™d accommodate his wages though?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Mason is not really an out and out striker, he's more of a number 10 and we already have Carey, Lameiras and Sarcevic who can play that role.

He would be good to have as another option and similar to Lloyd Jones his career has stalled and he needs to get back to playing regularly so wages shouldn't be a problem if he wants a fresh start, wherever he goes.

Nov 22, 2006
Don t see how Joe signing even until the end of the season would be bad for either party gives us another attacking option and gives him some first team football until the summer but if money is a stumbling block then it's up to him to decide what's more important to him playing football or money, has a good 3 or 4 months down here scores a couple of goals he will be in shop window anyway