Darrell Clarke | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Darrell Clarke

G

Gas Go Marching In

Fantastic gaffer. Got frustrated with things here and lost his way a little bit towards but would be a great option for you. I'd sack Adams and get him in. I'd hate to see him with you though!

What would you think of him as your manager?

G

Gas Go Marching In

samjones":37obi4kw said:
Rather have an Argyle legend in Cocko than a gas cast off

DC is a legend though. I think whoever loses out of you and Oxford will sack their manager.

Nov 10, 2008
cambridgeshire
Surprised knibsworths has never heard of darell clarke,a manager with 2 successive promotions and mid table finishes in our league.Could argue a far better record than our manager and where we are now.Worth an interest if mr adams ever leaves

Aug 5, 2016
Yes, a promotion via the playoffs from the Conference definitely trumps anything Adams has ever done.

Nov 10, 2008
cambridgeshire
Simple question,what league are rovers in ??.As I said 2 promotions.There are many former league teams who will state how hard it is to get out the national league.

G

Gas Go Marching In

Knibbsworth":uciwqlqw said:
Yes, a promotion via the playoffs from the Conference definitely trumps anything Adams has ever done.

Promotion from the conference at the first attempt and then finishing 3rd, 2 places above Adams to get us promoted from league 2.

Nov 10, 2008
cambridgeshire
Kibbsworth post a lot on pasoti,often with good discussion,however he put down mr clarke here due to the fact it was in relation to mr adams departing,as he is a great supporter of him,which is fine,but unnecessary to put down another young manager who at this time is no threat.

Aug 5, 2016
Gas Go Marching In":6db9qpfw said:
Knibbsworth":6db9qpfw said:

Promotion from the conference at the first attempt and then finishing 3rd, 2 places above Adams to get us promoted from league 2.

Adams finished equal on points with the league winners when he got promoted from League Two (in his second season). His first season at Argyle resulted in a Wembley playoff final after leading the league for 70% of the campaign and suffering injuries to key players. His first season in League One was a seventh placed finish and nearly another playoff odyssey.

On top of what he's achieved in Scotland with Ross County, it's a big jump to say Darrell Clarke's two promotions is more impressive than DA's management career. Why do we go out of our way to knock our own and marvel at the outside world?

Aug 5, 2016
cornishbob":3k9l66eq said:
Kibbsworth post a lot on pasoti,often with good discussion,however he put down mr clarke here due to the fact it was in relation to mr adams departing,as he is a great supporter of him,which is fine,but unnecessary to put down another young manager who at this time is no threat.

It was merely the assertion that Clarke's three seasons of football management were more impressive than DA's.