Rangers v Celtic Auld Firm | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Rangers v Celtic Auld Firm

Oct 16, 2016
I grew up with a couple of Celtic supporters from 2nd year of Comp both were massive Celtic fans, still are obviously. I went to a couple of Celtic matches, interestingly they played in Cornwall during their centenary year

There’s a Plymouth Loyal flag today in the Rangers end, odd

May 22, 2006
Huge contingent of Rangers fans in Plymouth. I went with my Rangers-supporting step-father to one of their meetings once. It was everything you'd expect - lots of low-quality sectarian music, absolute pig-sty of a venue and McEwans on tap.

One of them called me a "f**king sassenach" and shaped to throw a punch. He was....from Yorkshire.

I didn't go again.

Oct 16, 2016
I’ve been to the Celtic supporters venues over the years which where held at Patna, Minerva (if memory serves me right) and The Eagle

All very sectarian and ale fuelled

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Shankster":fiwetevs said:
I grew up with a couple of Celtic supporters from 2nd year of Comp both were massive Celtic fans, still are obviously. I went to a couple of Celtic matches, interestingly they played in Cornwall during their centenary year

There’s a Plymouth Loyal flag today in the Rangers end, odd

Wouldn’t say it was odd to see that flag. That flag belongs to the Devonport Rangers supporters club, what is one of two supporters clubs down here for Rangers.

Oct 16, 2016
People, on both sides of the divide, seem to latch on to the ‘loyal’ or ‘republican’ even from afar, without any affiliation, that’s quite odd.

I suppose this being a port city AND with varied military connections, there will be a heady mix of backgrounds and lineage

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Never been to Parkhead but I did once go to a game at Ibrox, about 15 years ago. It was a very low-key SPL game (v Dunfermline if memory serves), but I remember seeing people wandering around wearing t-shirts saying "the famine's over, why don't you go home". Telling any non-indigenous group to "go home" is way beyond football banter, it's straightforward NF-style racism.

lipsonlad67

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 17, 2016
Deepest Lincolnshire
I went to Parkhead for an Auld Firm match in 81-82, a real eye opener to an impressionable teenager, the non football related stuff in particular. Anyway, 5 goals scored, if memory serves me right, in the first 21 minutes. Celtic equalised later in the game to round it off to a 3-3 draw. In the whole Celtic/Rangers thing I was always very much for Celtic and had latched on to them when I was about 7 or so because I preferred their kit to Rangers', that was it, the kit, nothing more nothing less.
Fast forward to today when I cheered a Celtic 'equaliser' in a Burton pub, only for it to be ruled offside, much to hoots of derision from fellow Argyle fans. Anyway, looks like Rangers deserved to win so fair play to them. About time Celtic had some competition up there, would be even better if it were Kilmarnock rather than Rangers. I heard on the radio tonight that Kilmarnock have been better than any other club in Scotland for results this calendar year !

May 8, 2011
The main corporate hospitality area at Ibrox is in Argyle House.

Perhaps that was why when I went to Ibrox a couple of weeks ago wearing an Argyle coat, quite a few recognised the badge and PAFC logo.

Sep 19, 2015
One set of fans waves Union Jacks, are proud to be British and celebrate the British Monarchy. The second set of fans celebrate the deaths of British soldiers, turn a blind eye to there club being at the centre of a peadophile scandal and openly support a terrorist organisation.

Hardly a diffulcult choice to make when supporting one of these sides as a neutral.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
It's not as simple as that though is it? Remember that the city of Glasgow voted for independence in the 2014 referendum - thousands and thousands of Rangers fans voted against the union. There are plenty of supporters who are noisily in favour of the monarchy and all the rest of it, but they're massively outnumbered by people who just want to watch the football.

Apr 1, 2009
My only old firm match was the 1980 Scottish Cup Final, famous for an infamous riot and pitch battle between rival fans. Actually the fighting was NOT only between rival fans - in the Rangers end there were numerous fights between their own fans, whilst bottles thrown from the back landed on fellow fans in front.. A friend in the Celtic end was trampled on and spent months in hospital. I kept my eyes peeled and my mouth shut - an English accent might have been targeted

Oct 16, 2016
PlymouthCasual":3ayez7fp said:
One set of fans waves Union Jacks, are proud to be British and celebrate the British Monarchy. The second set of fans celebrate the deaths of British soldiers, turn a blind eye to there club being at the centre of a peadophile scandal and openly support a terrorist organisation.

Hardly a diffulcult choice to make when supporting one of these sides as a neutral.

Eh? Loyalist as republicanism are linked to paramilitary groups. You haven’t seen UDF or UVF insignia at Ibrox then? Nonsense

Football casuals have linked into loyalism without the foggiest idea of what it signifies