Man Utd sack Jose | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Man Utd sack Jose

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
You'd imagine that will be Carrick.

Be interesting if the likes of Pogba suddenly rock up and become world class again. Not sure Jose was the main problem there, Woodward is inept and didn't sign the players Jose needed.

I'd guess we'll see Zidane there in the summer unless Mo Po fancies going to a club that might win something.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
......and walks away with £22.5m in his back pocket.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The-Pilgrim":yoxwh9e7 said:
Not sure Jose was the main problem there, Woodward is inept and didn't sign the players Jose needed.

Woodward isn't great, but Jose is a busted flush.

His big USP was his ability to get players and fans running through walls for him, look at how John Terry and Frank Lampard speak about him. And Marco Materazzi in tears when he left Inter. Add in the tactical pragmatism and his teams would always be more than the sum of their parts and grind out results against anyone.

That's all gone, and there's nothing left bar a miserable, cynical, disinterested old man.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
The-Pilgrim":3hi7dmyl said:
You'd imagine that will be Carrick.

Be interesting if the likes of Pogba suddenly rock up and become world class again. Not sure Jose was the main problem there, Woodward is inept and didn't sign the players Jose needed.

I'd guess we'll see Zidane there in the summer unless Mo Po fancies going to a club that might win something.

I agree that Woodward is an issue, but I also think so is Mourinho. Jose was the main problem as the choice of players at his disposal didn't suit his "park the bus" defensive style of play. Pogba is a prime example - OK, I still think United paid waaaaay over the odds for him, but Mourinho never played him in the role he was best suited for.

For me, football management should be simple: you play your best players in the positions they are best at. As soon as you start to sign players for the sake of their reputation (Woodward), and then shoe-horn them into positions they're not suited for (Mourinho) then you've got problems.

A

andyr1963

Next boss?
How about Laurant Blanc? Where is he? What has he done since PSG?

Edit
Just been to Oddschecker hoping to find a betting bargain................... Blanc is favourite :oops: :oops:
Thought I was on to something for a little while

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
andyr1963":mamfgyyb said:
Next boss?

Edit
Just been to Oddschecker hoping to find a betting bargain................... Blanc is favourite :oops: :oops:
Spoke about days ago. However, I don't think it'll be him.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Keepitgreen":3296df7l said:
andyr1963":3296df7l said:
Next boss?

Edit
Spoke about days ago. However, I don't think it'll be him.

If you want some value, Deschamps is 20/1, Pogba loves him and he seems to run the club.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
When I think about how we haven't sacked Adams I think that wouldn't it be good if Managers were like players and had to see their contracts out? I think that would be a lot better.

A

andyr1963

Quinny":3tej3ads said:
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer coming up the rails as a contender for caretaker manager.

What? The great Cardiff City success story? Really?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Quinny":2sxhkkep said:
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer coming up the rails as a contender for caretaker manager.
In until the end of the season. I reckon it's a good move.

Oct 16, 2016
Gutted. Wanted Woodward the do the right thing by Jose and give him a further 10 year contract extension