Raheem sterling abuse | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Raheem sterling abuse

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Obviously Racial abuse is not acceptable, but it brings onto the question of is ANY abuse acceptable in a football ground?

Jan 30, 2017
r4h4al":1s7hlkn5 said:
Obviously Racial abuse is not acceptable, but it brings onto the question of is ANY abuse acceptable in a football ground?

Does it? What type of 'abuse' are you hoping to dish out?

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
r4h4al":37oz1gja said:

No. I suggest you check the dictionary definition of the word "abuse" if you're unsure.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
'a bus' is acceptable. Especially a free one.
'a booze' is acceptable. In moderation.
'abyss' is acceptable. Inevitable result of grandstand demolition.
'a bass' is acceptable. Nice pre match meal, glass of Chablis?

'abuse'?? don't be a ****!! ;)

A

andyr1963

Abuse?
Of linesmen? (referees assistant bledy nonsense) in my book perfectly acceptable.
Of opposing managers? He's short, he's fat, he's just .....................................Joe Kinnear :lol:
Of opposing strikers? Lita of Middlesborough was a worthwhile target, REALLY upset my mate with his diving, feigning and mouthing off to the ref, proper pantomime villain
Of opposing players in general? Regarding their abilities or lack of, most definitely

Years ago, early eighties, can't remember what game / ground (violence inside grounds times) we had been warned over the tannoy seriously bad language would not be tolerated the chant of "We ain't done nuffin" was followed by a big chant
of "ABUSE, ABUSE, ABUSE, ABUSE, ABUSE" Twas funny at the time. :greensmile:

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
andyr1963":v8ur2jwp said:
Abuse?
Of linesmen? (referees assistant bledy nonsense) in my book perfectly acceptable.
Of opposing managers? He's short, he's fat, he's just .....................................Joe Kinnear :lol:
Of opposing strikers? Lita of Middlesborough was a worthwhile target, REALLY upset my mate with his diving, feigning and mouthing off to the ref, proper pantomime villain
Of opposing players in general? Regarding their abilities or lack of, most definitely

Interesting that's what I mean certain abuse is deemed acceptable when perhaps it shouldn't be. What about goading the away support, showing the middle finger to them, that sort of thing, is that acceptable?

A

andyr1963

Nope, abuse of the opposition fans could lead to crowd violence from those too immature to take it.
The Joe Kinnear scenario contributed to a great atmosphere 15+ years ago, he "insulted" our star defender we bent his ear.
It was abuse from the terraces, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Do you really need to sanitise everything?

May 1, 2011
Just don't mention people's skin colour, gender or sexual orientation and you'll probably avoid a lot of unnecessary abuse. It's not hard to work out.

Sep 6, 2006
Bristol Rich":2b9h6slq said:
Just don't mention people's skin colour, gender or sexual orientation and you'll probably avoid a lot of unnecessary abuse. It's not hard to work out.

There are a lot of other 'protected characteristics".

Feb 23, 2008
So when an away team purposely celebrates in front of the home fans, time wastes and players are generally on a wind up we should just adopt the stuff upper lip mentality and appeal to them to act more gentlemanly in a non offensive manner?

Surely the abuse thing works both ways, I'm assuming this thread was started due to the discussion on talksport the other day? On some cases the abuse is warranted, some not surely?

Sep 28, 2003
London
Sorry, are you suggesting it's OK to racially abuse someone if they celebrate scoring against your club?

If there's one thing that really winds me up about modern football, it's stuck in-the-80s dinosaurs who think "atmosphere", "banter" and "acting like a total prick" are the same things.