Man city penalty | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Man city penalty

Sep 6, 2006
Pootle's Pom Pom":pg2n0trr said:
Shows to me just how little honesty and integrity is left in the game that Sterling and Man City accepted the penalty.

That's what I thought. Sterling would have won so many plaudits if he had told the ref. Likewise if Jesus had intentionally missed it. So refs fault but then they have colluded with it. Despicable.
I would add though what the hell was the ref doing? He cant have seen it. He needs to be suspended too.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
And he had an extra assistant to help him too. I often wonder if these officials behind the goal line are there just for show.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Lundan Cabbie":311gw891 said:
And he had an extra assistant to help him too. I often wonder if these officials behind the goal line are there just for show.

Complete waste of time.

There probably has been a time where they've helped get decision right but generally they seem to have no influence on proceedings. VAR would probably be cheaper and more effective.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
cheshiregreen":28si0edh said:
Lundan Cabbie":28si0edh said:

Complete waste of time.

There probably has been a time where they've helped get decision right but generally they seem to have no influence on proceedings. VAR would probably be cheaper and more effective.

True. Don't understand why there isn't VAR at all league levels of football. Why just use it in the World cup? Seems bizarre.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
r4h4al":3c9qrjm2 said:
cheshiregreen":3c9qrjm2 said:
Lundan Cabbie":3c9qrjm2 said:

Complete waste of time.

True. Don't understand why there isn't VAR at all league levels of football. Why just use it in the World cup? Seems bizarre.

The Premier League made their decision for 2018-19 before the World Cup which was probably premature. Had they waited to see how it worked at the WC they’d probably have made a different decision.

To get it in all leagues is going to be difficult. It won’t only come down to money. We just don’t have enough officials to do it for all pro leagues. People complain enough at the standard of some in L1 already. Imagine what those who would have to be drafted in would be like. Hopefully they will utilise retired officials to be the video assistants.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Lundan Cabbie":j4zcjns7 said:
r4h4al":j4zcjns7 said:
cheshiregreen":j4zcjns7 said:
Lundan Cabbie":j4zcjns7 said:

Complete waste of time.

The Premier League made their decision for 2018-19 before the World Cup which was probably premature. Had they waited to see how it worked at the WC they’d probably have made a different decision.

To get it in all leagues is going to be difficult. It won’t only come down to money. We just don’t have enough officials to do it for all pro leagues. People complain enough at the standard of some in L1 already. Imagine what those who would have to be drafted in would be like. Hopefully they will utilise retired officials to be the video assistants.

That's true. Maybe not bother with the video assistants and just have the referee be able to see a screen at his own disgression.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
r4h4al":1x360h98 said:
Lundan Cabbie":1x360h98 said:
r4h4al":1x360h98 said:
cheshiregreen":1x360h98 said:
Lundan Cabbie":1x360h98 said:

Complete waste of time.

That's true. Maybe not bother with the video assistants and just have the referee be able to see a screen at his own disgression.

Camera crews and production assistants don't come cheap though. A single camera on the half way line wont be enough most of the time.

Super horns

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 26, 2008
I think the managers of the Premier league clubs would like VAR but the owners and some fans wouldn't.

Well until a bad decision like that costs them the title or safety...