European Super League has been discussed | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

European Super League has been discussed

A

andyr1963

It WILL happen.
Probably the year Argyle get promoted to the top tier of English football, we turn up at long long last and the really big boys p1ss off to play elsewhere. :banghead: :lol:

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
I hope it does happen. Bollocks to 'em. They don't care about their fans anyway, the hardcore aren't the ones who buy the club shop out when they turn up, or buy ridiculous subscriptions so they can't milk them.

If the big boys want their train set to themselves then let them go, the world will still continue to turn without them.

Sep 6, 2006
Liam Vercoe":1yf5s9v8 said:
I hope it does happen. Bollocks to 'em. They don't care about their fans anyway, the hardcore aren't the ones who buy the club shop out when they turn up, or buy ridiculous subscriptions so they can't milk them.

If the big boys want their train set to themselves then let them go, the world will still continue to turn without them.

Agree. It's a private club anyway with the big 5. They will never go down and it's same teams every season. Leicester will never happen again.

Let them all get on with it; play wherever they want; and show the competition on pay per view. When their followers lose interest in watching bottom-of-the-table non-relegation dead rubbers in soulless stadia and clubs want to rejoin their original national leagues, set the admission fee at 50% of annual income and redistribute it to every club from steps 3-10. The Champions League is over bloated and tedious until the quarter finals anyway. Let the project drown in its own cash and allow EFL clubs to broadcast their own matches on a digital season ticket basis—a world audience could also be built for traditional high-stakes matches played in local communities.

dani_B":1p89innw said:
The only way to stop it is for us to stop watching so much football on TV.

Funnily enough i’ve Been thinking to myself that this may happen. Am I alone in finding that there is now so much football on TV that I often don’t bother to even glance at games which 10 years ago i’d have been really excited about. I’ve even reached the point where I find the NFL show more interesting than MOTD, with the same old same old each week.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
mervyn":13ikiali said:
dani_B":13ikiali said:
The only way to stop it is for us to stop watching so much football on TV.

Funnily enough i’ve Been thinking to myself that this may happen. Am I alone in finding that there is now so much football on TV that I often don’t bother to even glance at games which 10 years ago i’d have been really excited about. I’ve even reached the point where I find the NFL show more interesting than MOTD, with the same old same old each week.

No I'm the same. I found the NFL more interesting because it was different, and I'm not even a fan of it.

Pootle's Pom Pom

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Mar 13, 2009
Trowbridge or Bristol
Liam Vercoe":26zvseks said:

I agree. At most it will be four out of Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Let them flounce off and chase the mighty dollar. The fans will soon get bored of watching the same teams year after year, with fewer away days as travelling to Italy/Spain/France every other weekend will be to expensive and Sky will hopefully disappear back up their own ar5ehole.

Once they've gone announce that as they have acted outside of their respective Football Association's and UEFA's remit that any player will not be able to play for their country. Also, take the opportunity to ditch (or at least shake up) the Premier League and reintroduce quotas on foreign players to try to promote English youth players.

Aug 5, 2016
As a supporter of the game I've never felt so detached from the top league, I barely have an interest any longer. Globally owned, foreign coached, 85% overseas players, supporters from all over the world paying TV/streaming subscriptions for the big games and merchandise. Liverpool have as many supporters in China, Africa and India as they do in the UK, they can sell out stadiums playing friendlies in Australia, USA and Canada.

It's no longer the same game we knew when Alan Shearer and Matt Le Tissier were banging in goals, let alone the 70s and 80s.

Maybe it is best to let the cream of the league go so we can see more Bournemouth clubs developing the next generation of British footballers.

Super horns

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 26, 2008
How long before they'd start moaning about the number of games and travelling they will have to do ..

They already say there too much now !

Ofcouse the money rules so who cares what the fans think ...

Most would rather win the Premier league than Champions League I reckon.

Sep 19, 2015
Knibbsworth":xrziizlx said:
As a supporter of the game I've never felt so detached from the top league, I barely have an interest any longer. Globally owned, foreign coached, 85% overseas players, supporters from all over the world paying TV/streaming subscriptions for the big games and merchandise. Liverpool have as many supporters in China, Africa and India as they do in the UK, they can sell out stadiums playing friendlies in Australia, USA and Canada.

It's no longer the same game we knew when Alan Shearer and Matt Le Tissier were banging in goals, let alone the 70s and 80s.

Maybe it is best to let the cream of the league go so we can see more Bournemouth clubs developing the next generation of British footballers.

Couldn't agree more!

A

andyr1963

Knibbsworth":1wf1y3j6 said:

Yep yer right. Only thing I can disagree on is having no interest. Manchester City are a fabulous team to watch.