Spain Vs England | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Spain Vs England

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Completely forgot this was happening.

Yet another sporting competition I've lost interest in because UEFA sold out to pay TV.

I always thought international football had to be on free-to-air TV.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Yeah this is like the international Checkatrade trophy to me I don't very much care. The qualifiers are the most important thing.

Sep 13, 2003
Bollocks.
I just typed out a massive synopsis then accidentally deleted it.
In a nutshell. England fans don't consider this as a checkatrade or Carling cup moment... this was a proper competitive fixture. First Spanish competitive home loss in 23 year. Two Spanish players were booked after the final whistle by the awful ref... They were up for it.

I would urge Cobi or any other Argyle fans thinking of joining the England fans travel club.. do it. It takes you to places you would never ever think of going and want to go back. I was stood next to an Argyle fan at the semi final in Moscow and he is such a good bloke!

Oh one final thing..... Loved Real Betis ground.... proper old fashioned and in green! Didn't like the 78 Euros for a shirt but got a scarf for a tenner.

Oct 12, 2018
Cobi Budge":4rszp8s3 said:
Dier & Maguire both booked for excellent challenges, football has gone soft.

About soft football, it is true, but you must confirm, that yellow card for Dier (foul on Ramos) was absolutely proper. First of all, he touched the ball but intention and risk level of that situation were horrible.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Willis88":dgml51x5 said:
I always thought international football had to be on free-to-air TV.

Its just the Euros and the World Cup that have to be on free-to-air TV, qualifiers/friendlies and the nations league can go wherever pays the most.

I thoroughly enjoyed lasts nights game, even if the lasts 25 minutes were a bit nervy, what was Pickford doing? For once I actually think UEFA have got something right with the nations league, the games are so much better than friendlies!

The future looks bright for England when you think that the squad (not necessarily the starting XI) was missing Alli, Lingard and Shaw, had emerging talents like Sancho and Mount with people like Foden and Maddison with the U21's. I think they said on the TV last night that the average age of the starting XI was 23, can't be many times we've had that!

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Kuba LFP":22jpxeei said:
Cobi Budge":22jpxeei said:
Dier & Maguire both booked for excellent challenges, football has gone soft.

About soft football, it is true, but you must confirm, that yellow card for Dier (foul on Ramos) was absolutely proper. First of all, he touched the ball but intention and risk level of that situation were horrible.

Every tackle's a risk, doesn't mean every tackle's a yellow.

Anyway a good win and England are at a good level now under Southgate.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Brussels Bureaucrat":rr3oqk89 said:
I really like the Nations League. International promotion and relegation makes total sense, so good for UEFA for trying it. Such a shame it's on pay TV though.

At least it is on somewhere that I’m already paying for so for me it’s no extra. What I fear for the future is having to subscribe here there and everywhere to get ALL the football.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Brussels Bureaucrat":2ewl91bs said:
I really like the Nations League. International promotion and relegation makes total sense, so good for UEFA for trying it. Such a shame it's on pay TV though.

Agree I think I'm coming round to the idea of it now. So is this going to be a regular thing then every couple of years?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
r4h4al":2oypeaxt said:
Brussels Bureaucrat":2oypeaxt said:

Agree I think I'm coming round to the idea of it now. So is this going to be a regular thing then every couple of years?

No, after Brexit we'll be playing with ourselves … mostly :oops:

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":1tebz9o5 said:
Brussels Bureaucrat":1tebz9o5 said:

At least it is on somewhere that I’m already paying for so for me it’s no extra. What I fear for the future is having to subscribe here there and everywhere to get ALL the football.

I think it'll go the opposite way - closer to the Now TV model where you pay £8 for a day's access or £15 for the week, or whatever it is. I've done that quite a few times, but I'd never dream of subscribing to Sky because a) I'm not in the UK enough and b) there'll be weeks where there's nothing I fancy.