Oct 16, 2016
It’s a monstrous carbuncle, soulless place

If the money is invested in grassroots football it’s best all ‘round

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Shankster":2sbqselk said:

So is The Nou Camp but it has not done Barcelona any harm. I cannot see any merit in selling the stadium below cost price and then having to pay the likes of Spurs and Man U in order to use their ground for a competitive international, whilst at the same time sacrificing ground capacity for an important qualifying game.

Oct 16, 2016
Quintrell_Green":2wh1qapt said:
Shankster":2wh1qapt said:

So is The Nou Camp but it has not done Barcelona any harm. I cannot see any merit in selling the stadium below cost price and then having to pay the likes of Spurs and Man U in order to use their ground for a competitive international, whilst at the same time sacrificing ground capacity for an important qualifying game.

I suppose that’s the difference. International football for me is a huge waste of talent and time, the sooner it’s kiboshed the better.

In the north west international football is roundly detested and I was brought up not knowing anything about it even though by then I had a heady mixture of Anfield and Home Park (depending on whether I was with my parents or grandparents)
Many wouldn’t understand that but I assure you it’s true

Ultimately I care not a jot for the international team

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
It's ridiculous they're selling it at less than cost. It's not like the FA were desperate to sell.

I would have understood if they were looking for years and couldn't find the right offer. Using the excuse of reinvesting in grass roots is rubbish, if they wanted to do that they could have sold the ground before redeveloping.

O well, short-termism, once again from the FA.

Oct 16, 2016
It would have been difficult to sell it as it was, it had soul but was a total sh** pit. They had lob choice but to redevelop, sadly it’s soulless and cost best part of £1bn

Sep 13, 2003
Shankster":22q2d8v5 said:
Quintrell_Green":22q2d8v5 said:
Shankster":22q2d8v5 said:

I suppose that’s the difference. International football for me is a huge waste of talent and time, the sooner it’s kiboshed the better.

In the north west international football is roundly detested and I was brought up not knowing anything about it even though by then I had a heady mixture of Anfield and Home Park (depending on whether I was with my parents or grandparents)

That's funny as I was in Liverpool on the day we beat Argentina at the Japan World Cup. (I was in a free bar at the top of the radio city tower!). Afterwards Liverpool was absolutely buzzing and the atmosphere was incredible. The St George's flags and England tops were out in force. England matches at Anfield are always the toughest tickets to get when England play around the country.

Sadly for you International football has never been more popular judging by the ticket sales for the last few European Championships and World Cups!

Oct 16, 2016
Clarke_B":v36s718m said:
Shankster":v36s718m said:
Quintrell_Green":v36s718m said:
Shankster":v36s718m said:

That's funny as I was in Liverpool on the day we beat Argentina at the Japan World Cup. (I was in a free bar at the top of the radio city tower!). Afterwards Liverpool was absolutely buzzing and the atmosphere was incredible. The St George's flags and England tops were out in force. England matches at Anfield are always the toughest tickets to get when England play around the country.

Sadly for you International football has never been more popular judging by the ticket sales for the last few European Championships and World Cups!

City centre is very eclectic

Disagree about it being popular, en-ger-land sold pitiful numbers of tickets for the last WC. Wembley rarely sells out for internationals

Lowest standard of football at the supposed highest levels of the game is international football

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
The standard may be lower but it's because the top clubs cherry pick and pool talent like never before. It's also not really comparable anyway because club teams spend far more time together than international teams.

Super horns

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 26, 2008
Well tbf the lack of fans in Russia was down to the fear of violence etc..

England games seem to be fairly healthy attendance wise - not sold out but bigger than most across Europe .

Will this money from any sale actually go to the grassroots ? Sort of thing we've heard before !

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
International football is fantastic, don’t listen to him.

You have to be a particularly joyless individual not to love the World Cup, though FIFA seem to be doing their best to destroy it.

Oct 16, 2016
International football is basically lining the pockets of corrupt and soulless suits. The theory is fantastic the reality is utterly different

I also detest the painted faces and racist undertones. Of course that’s a minority and those that love their country (totally alien to me because I feel no compunction to England or a monarchistic state) have every right to do so.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
If they really want to sell it then sell it for the right price. They should be looking in the £1.25 billion area.