El Sellout | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

El Sellout

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
I'm sure I read somewhere that the group that own Man City have a stake in Girona, and were pushing the club to do this.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Barcelona and Girona are both Catalan clubs, and both sets of fans have strong links with the pro-independence movement. Fans will be banned from bringing flags into the ground, and 40,000 Spanish flags will be handed out instead. The head of the LFP had links with the far-right in his youth, and has consistently expressed his contempt for Catalan independence.

A

andyr1963

Another small step for the money men and their "World Club League" :facepalm:

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
andyr1963":3awp6cnl said:

It definitely looks that way. I read an interview with Andrea Agnelli (chairman of Juventus and the European Clubs Association, which represents most of Europe's elite clubs) the other day. He suggested that Champions League games should be played at the weekend, and that MLS sides would be able to play in UEFA competitions within the next ten years. I can see both of those things happening within a decade, no problem.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Brussels Bureaucrat":1igm397r said:
andyr1963":1igm397r said:

It definitely looks that way. I read an interview with Andrea Agnelli (chairman of Juventus and the European Clubs Association, which represents most of Europe's elite clubs) the other day. He suggested that Champions League games should be played at the weekend, and that MLS sides would be able to play in UEFA competitions within the next ten years. I can see both of those things happening within a decade, no problem.

Haven't read that but UEFA were forced to deny that they were looking at playing a champions league final in New York in the near future - possibly 2021.

Apr 12, 2016
All things are pointing towards the USA. La Liga want to play games there and there are a large (increasing each year) number of highly lucrative pre-season 'friendlies' taking place there every season. The potential market there is huge and people want a slice of it.