Manager sacking season well underway | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Manager sacking season well underway

Apr 12, 2016
Management is increasingly just a revolving door. The vast majority of managers are just keeping the seat warm for the next chap...

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Brussels Bureaucrat":1t3593kx said:
That seems amazing given how well he did last year. Bit harsh I think.
I think that the bottom of League Two is now such a huge trapdoor owners/chairmen get nervous. I recall how I felt when we dangled over it a few seasons back! And, of course, in some ways he has form down there as his appointment at Leyton Orient was part of the slide that took them to where they are now.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Football seems to be a roll of the dice essentially. Players move around, managers move and if it ever works it seems to be temporary. Some managers look like masters of the art one minute, then they have a disaster.

Mar 23, 2008
Steve Evans":2ud0rg0v said:
can't stand him for the way he mocked us when newcastle relegated us. :furious:
I remember that, totally unnecessary as they got promotion so why not just enjoy that. So delighted to see him fail for a second time as manager and hopefully he wont get another job.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Deacster":30ejkepm said:
Steve Evans":30ejkepm said:
can't stand him for the way he mocked us when newcastle relegated us. :furious:
I remember that, totally unnecessary as they got promotion so why not just enjoy that. So delighted to see him fail for a second time as manager and hopefully he wont get another job.
What did he do/say?

I remember Alan Smith clapping the Lyndhurst after the game.

Jan 20, 2004
I was really p#ssed off with Argyle that night. We get relegated as Newcastle get promoted and our club plays "We are the champions" for their fans to have a party rubbing our noses in it.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
I can imagine Nolan being the type that will keep getting jobs. He's got plenty of influential friends in the game (Sam Allardyce for one) and name recognition alone will give him a head start when he's applying for jobs.